Like Tree3Likes

New US grocery in Macau Ferry terminal

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New US grocery in Macau Ferry terminal

Just visited the new A&M Grocery in the basement of the Macau Ferry Terminal. Basically another Costco importer, but unlike Gateway the place is VERY clean and well lit and seems to be slightly better priced.

Besides this new place and Gateway, are there any other "big" US grocery stores (I know, big is relative)? Both of these seem to be buying in bulk at Costco and importing it over here for resale, judging from the brand names I see.

Anyway, worth a look if you need industrial sized candy bars and whatnot.

A & M US Groceries | Facebook

B06-B09
    Shun Tak Centre
    200 Connaught Road Central
    (MTR Sheung Wan exit D I think)

Is Gateway the small store on the corner of Hennessy and Fleming?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Gateway is in Sheung Wan.

I checked it out today. It seems very much the same as gateway - almost exactly the same products. It does have more of the overpriced towels and American junk food, and a bit different drink selection. I price compared the Downey, Tide, cashews and peanut butter and find Prize Mart prices much better.

Prize Mart has extremely few American products and most of them are iffy... Will check out this new place... I guess Gateway has competition now! Will get back with my reviews!

i dont understand why anyone needs Downey, Tide, cashews and peanut butter packaged for the US market and sold at a premium in hong kong. I am very happy with the Tide and the local fabric softener at PNS. same with the other stuff. same with nuts and butter. jiffy is jiffy.

Gee, the Macau ferry terminal? Thats an awful long way to go for American goodies.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Happened to come across it when it first opened up - was not impresse. I went in hoping to find some of my fav. things but walked out empty-handed. Most of the stuff there can be found at PNS.

Considering the location, I suspect this place might be for the benefit of all the mainlanders arriving/ leaving by ferry who want to impress the folks back home by bringing back Exotic Foreign Luxuries :P

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast