Like Tree6Likes

Ace/True Value Hardware Stores

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ace/True Value Hardware Stores

Help!

Where does one buy supplies for painting/home maintenance? Would love to find a place that sells custom mixed paint matched to Pantone colors.

Are there any stores that do this service?

Thanks,
    Anna

doesn't exist here. there was a b& q (similar, but from australia?). it didn't last long. no one here is DIY. everyone hires people to do the renovations....

you CAN buy paint here at any local hardware store, though...

On the other hand, don't expect to be forced to buy a packet of 20 screws when all you need is one, or a standard prepack of 10m of hosepipe when what you need is 1.5m.

Personally I much prefer a little local hardware store where they probably have exactly what you want (albeit covered in dust because you're the first person who's wanted exactly that in the last few years) rather than massive stores where everything has to be bought prepackaged the way some random product marketing person deemed appropriate.

In an ideal world, we'd have both. There are certain things I just can't get at the hardware stores here that are a piece of cake to get at a proper hardware store like ACE. Fortunately, I can get my fix in the Philippines. I can never get wet/dry paper in grits higher than 1000 at local hardware stores. I now have stacks of 1200, 1500 and 2000 grit paper (yay!).

yes. it local hardware stores in hk, they are small, may not have everything, but it seems alot cheaper than homebase, B&Q and wickes

Thanks for that. I need some fibre boards cut to size.

I hope they do that too?

I should stock up when I go home to Manila. Ha ha.
    Also I need to find a staple gun - where would be the best place to buy one here? I don't even need a powered one - manual would do.

staple guns can be had at any decent stationery shop. (that's where i got mine...)

ps> grit paper? is that the same as "sand paper"?

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    ps> grit paper? is that the same as "sand paper"?
    Yep! Sandpaper comes in different grit levels. The higher the number, the smaller the abrasive particles are.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast