Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stoploss99
  • 1 Post By dumbdonkey

Looking for the Abercrombie and Fitch trolley guy selling on the street

Closed Thread

Looking for the Abercrombie and Fitch trolley guy selling on the street

Hey Guys,

Two years back I bought heaps of A&F T-shirts from this guy late in the evening, somewhere in the Mong Kok Area. It was really dead cheap, something like 7 USD only per T-Shirt. He was selling it as factory samples. In December I will be back in Hong Kong and I would love to find out where I can find this guy again. Last two times I was there I just could not find him. And I know some people have told me about more places and people on the streets selling A&F factory samples. Can anyone help me out on this? Where can I find cheap A&F stuff?

Thanks!

Missterious

Quote Originally Posted by Missterious:
    It was really dead cheap, something like 7 USD only per T-Shirt. He was selling it as factory samples.
    " factory samples " ................. in the street .............. Mong Kok ................trolley guy. I'm sure if he is not still there, then one of his "cousins" will surely be. If you know what I mean , nudge nudge, nod nod, wink wink.

All the nodding and winking means one of the following two things:
    A: You are flirting with me
    B: You know more!
    If B, can you let me know more precisely the place and time to be?
    Thanks!

Missterious

Quote Originally Posted by Missterious:
    All the nodding and winking means one of the following two things:
    A: You are flirting with me
    B: You know more!
    If B, can you let me know more precisely the place and time to be?
    Thanks!

Missterious

means theyre fakes. especially given the area. there will always be someone trying to sell something along the lines of that. try ladies market if u dont find it in temple night market.
    Football16 likes this.

............. which are also fakes.

What happens if it was A?
    Posted via Mobile Device

wink wink - highly doubt they are factory samples. more like made to look like factory samples. wink wink

Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL:
    What happens if it was A?
    cant it be both?

Right now in HK there is very little real A&F at the outlet stores where you used to find a few and not in the volumes the OP suggests as these are no doubt all fakes at prices like OP suggests.

To be honest, the one I bought some time ago was definitely NOT fake. Working in fashion myself, I can easily tell by the little tiny details (like branded inside labels etc etc) that no-one would start developing or pay attention to. Also, usually if fake, quality will be less to make the price a lot lower. For sure there is fake around, I am not denying that. But if it looks real it may be:
    - Salesmen samples of a style or colour that is cancelled by the brand
    - Salesman samples declined for quality reasons
    - Overstock (e.g. minimum production is 10.000 units, but only 8.500 were sold, brand pays the upcharge for the lost 1.500 units and NORMALLY factory should "destroy" the 1.500 units, which may not happen)

So it COULD be real, it COULD be fake. The ones I bought were too good to be fake. And if it is a very good fake of which no-one can tell the difference... who cares right?

Been to temple street market and ladies market a couple of times, I never find any good stuff there. Just a lot of rip offs of Louis Vuitton, Hermes etc. Not too interested in that because people know I would not be able to afford it anyways so anyone would immediately spot it was fake. I think it's silly to go down that route in that case and prefer to buy unbranded stuff at better quality

What happens if it were A??? Dunno??? Haha! Wink Wink doublewink!