Fake Plants & Trees

Question Fake Plants & Trees

I'm looking for a place to buy fake trees and plants. They can be silk or plastic or whatever.

Specifically I'm looking for a couple big fake trees maybe around 5 or 6 feet tall??

Anyone seen them around???

Thanks for your help!

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    http://www.plant-a-park.com/

its on Peel Street
    and has a mindboggling array

Thanks...I've been wondering where I could look for some things like that, too!!

You could try the 'flower district' in Prince Edward. If you take the 'Mongkok Police Station' Exit, then turn left, walk passed the police station, on passed a Honda Showroom, you'll hit the flower district.

There are lots of shops there that sell real plants and shrubs (and flowers of course), and some sell fake ones too. I can't guarantee you'll find 5" tall fake trees, but I've definitely seen fake plants, which look incredibly life-like. It's worth a shot if you're not having any luck with the previous suggestion above.

Incidentally, the street parallel has more of these types of shops. It's nice to just mill around there, but beware of Chinese New Year buyers, it can get packed.

Thumbs up

I realize that this is an old thread, but I wanted to post my recommendation for fake trees, shrubs, and flowers.

I just went to this shop today, 22 Aug., and found exactly what I was looking for: a large fake tree, 9' tall - (custom order which will be delivered next week)...then the salesperson gave me a 15% discount without me asking!

Comfort Home
    Address: G/F & Basement, 74-78 Nathan Road,
    Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR (MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station Exit A2 - just behind the Giordano shop on Nathan Rd.)
    (?????? A2????)

Phone: +852 2789 3392
    Fax: +852 2735 6303

COMFORT HOME CO LTD

Is this the way the world is going? Fake shrubs and trees?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    Is this the way the world is going? Fake shrubs and trees?
    That is the way my classroom's "Reading Corner" is going!

The shop which I mentioned serves interior designers so they say -- maybe for shopping malls, etc.

Some of my friends in California have put in fake grass, astroturf style, and it has saved them on water bills...the new form of xeriscaping. (I always associated xeriscapes with cactii, succulents, and rocks)