Where to buy a new remote control

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy a new remote control

The remote on my Phillips LCD has died and for the life of me I can't seem to find a store that has a decent range of replacement ones.

I've been to the usual chains and can't find anything there.

Anybody know where else I can try?

Ap Liu Street has a lot.

Yes, Sham Shui Po has a range of remotes, from TVs to DVD players to aircons....you name it.

And if you want high end .. the Audio / Video arcade in Mongkok.

Thanks guys, just after a basic one really.

Never thought of going to ap liu street, I'm only two stops away from there too! DOH!!!

You might be in luck and find a universal which has yours preprogrammed.

Does anyone know where I can get a programmable remote that does not work by inputing a codes, but rather by "learning" from the existing remote control. You point the original remote at the replacement and press the buttons, then the replacement remembers the signal and can reproduce it.

I already have one that came with the TV in my flat and would now like to buy another one. It is to replace the remote of a dodgy chinese appliance, so I would have no idea what code to input in the more common replacement types.

A lot of places sell these including certain branches of Fortress, Broadway and Fotomax. Ap Liu Street shops will have them too. The trick is to get a good one with different sized buttons, colour-coding would be useful and enough buttons to make life easier.

Do you have a DVD recorder/player remote control? If yes, and if you only want to make simple TV control, you can probably use the recorder's.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    The remote on my Phillips LCD has died and for the life of me I can't seem to find a store that has a decent range of replacement ones.

I've been to the usual chains and can't find anything there.

Anybody know where else I can try?
    Jimbo where and which remote control did you end up buying? My remote has been dropped one too many times by my LO, and I called Phillips for a replacement and they want $730 for it. . . which I think is a bit much!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast