XXL Size Clothes in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I know this is a bit late but I had a suit made last year in Shenzhen and after a trip for refitting and all the hassle, it would have been cheaper to buy one here. At the start of the year I went to a tailor in Jordan at the bottom of this plaza place (exit straight from Jordan MTR). I had two suits made and was very happy with the result and even happier with the price.

Dan.

I agree about the outlet on Tak Shing st in Jordan. It's large and no frills but lots of xxl and lg sizes for men and women. Very good prices too.

Also, a few shops in the lanes in Central have factory outlet lg sizes. It's hit or miss but can be ok.

Stanley market always dissappoints. Stopped going there pretty much.

With next day air shipping being so cheap now, it's hard to believe stores won't ship faster.

Buying online is pretty good since you can have things here altered easily.

Hi Yellowtip, sorry for my delayed post.

Marks & Spencers in Harbour City, TST has the XL & XXL mens shirts and jackets. Although my husband is an XXL in Australia, we found the XL's were a good fit for him.

As you enter the mens floor level from Harbour City, (one level up from the ladies) I personally like the brands they have directly on the left hand side, a little more casual-ish (from the suite shirts) but still stylish with quality fabrics and stitching that holds up quite well after many many washes. Their return policy is also excellent.

Hope that helps

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma:
    Buying online is pretty good since you can have things here altered easily.
    goodkarma,

Your post gave me an idea to simply buy my clothes online. XXL fits me most of the time, so I though, why not give it a try?

I stumbled upon amazon.com and they sell a mega amount of clothes. Wasted about 3 hours selecting clothes only to find out that they will ship within the US only. Aaarrrg!!!

Started searching on Google for other online stores selling clothes, and unfortunately couldn't find any major online store shipping internationally. Is this crazy or what???

What frustrates me the most is that most of these clothes are manufactures right across the border in China...but getting them in HK seems to be absolutely impossible.

Who knows of an online store with a decent selection of clothes in large sizes that will ship to Hong Kong?

I'm getting really desperate at this point

The outlets have all been greatly disappointing. Went to Stanley to only find a tourist trap where they sell overpriced junk.

Went to an outlet district in TSJ yesterday, where the selections seemed better, but the largest size available was XL.

Went to M&S in TSJ where they did indeed have some shirts in XXL, but no t-shirts, shorts, etc.

I don't believe I'm the only person here in HK that needs size XXL.

Who can help me? PLEASE!!!

Or is the only option to buy a ticket to LA and go for a shopping spree?

>> couldn't find any major online store shipping internationally.
    >> Is this crazy or what???

A lot of this is related to the quota system which makes the trade of clothing, about as regulated as heroin.

OK, had some more luck today on finding larger sizes.

Went on a hunting trip today on HK island for some large sized sports clothes, so large t-shirts and shorts were on my list.

Went to Pacific Place on Admiralty and scored two huge Nike t-shirts at Marathon Sports. Some wise words of advise: Do NOT ask staff there if they have XXL t-shirts as they will almost instantly say "Moah". Check carefully the t-shirts in the basketball section. Here you WILL!! find XXL t-shirts. T-shirts here seem much larger then t-shirts in the other sections. Check both the XL and and XXL t-shirts... the two huge t-shirts I bought (from Nike) were only XL in size!!! And they were much larger than any of their other (Asian sized) XXL t-shirts. Damage: HK$302 for 2 t-shirts.

For shorts, I had to look much harder. Pacific Place offered no options.. went to Wanchai and walked along Hennesy Road. Stumbled upon this little sports shop called ETERNITY Sports Center on 194-204 G/F., Johnston Road, Wan Chai. They had only a few Asian sized XXL sized t-shirts there, but they had a large collection of big sized sports shorts there. Again, both the XL and XXL shorts were a good fit for me. Bought 3 shorts there from Adidas (XL) and Diadora (XXL) at HK$88 each...great price great fit!!!

As a general warning for newcomers to Asia: XL in USA/Europe is very different from Asian XL sizes. I find that in general, an Asian sized XXL is like a L/XL USA size. So be careful and always try it on before you buy!

Hope to see some other people posting info on some other interesting shops in HK where large sizes can be found.

Large Size Mens Clothes In Hk

Hi,

In Marks and Sparks the stock varies hugely. They have different lines (eg "classic" is for grandparents whereas other lines can be quite trendy). Also the stock turns over very quickly and the largest sizes go first. So it repays to just go in from time to time to see what's there. My husband gets OK jeans and being Marks and Sparks they last and last through multiple washes... Central M&S keeps the largest sizes, then Harbour City as the post above mentioned, then Pacific Place. You won't find large sizes at M&S in more distant locations.

Going up market, Brooks Brothers keep all sizes and take the trousers up for a small charge. They do have some cheaper and some more expensive styles, depending on the fabric. They also have great sales so if you buy chinos at sale time you can then get them copied at Lowu on the 5th floor. But be pickey when you choose the fabric, Insist on "A quality" and get as close a match as you can to the chinos you take as a sample. Then bargain on the quoted price to get it down by 10 or 20 yuan a metre. The tailoring prices are standard and you don't need to bargain but equally get them to take your measurements and try them on before you take them as alterations are included in the price.

Also upmarket, Polo keep large sizes. Again sale time is the time to go.

Generally if you find things you like the fit of you can get lots of copies so it can be worth buying a more expensive item if it works for you. You can also get copies at all the HK tailors and I have never had a bad experience with a Chinese tailor copying something, although the best ones are supposed to be from Shanghai and for some reason that's where most of them come from!

On the online shopping there are plenty of places that do ship to HK particularly from the UK. For some reason the US stores often don't but if you check online shopping catalogues they tell you up front if they ship overseas or not. Off the top of my head "Landsend" ship to HK and of course the French catalogue La Redoute but they mights specialize more in Ladies stuff. There are many more - just check for "catalogues".

Good luck with your sartorial quest -

SZT

What tailor is this?? My husband has been looking around at tailors but having just moved here we are unsure of where to go.
    Thanks!

Check out www.eastbay.com. I get a lot of my shoes and clothes there, and they ship to Hong Kong. If you look around online, you can find coupons that basically make shipping free.

Ebay's another great place to find good deals on clothes and shoes. I just bought a pair of Nike Air Max sneakers in size 13.5 US. $85 shipped to Hong Kong. Retail is about $130 US.

this seems like the only relevant thread for me to ask these questions in.
    i had a really upsetting day today. i cant find jeans that fit.
    im not large but im not stick thin either. im a regular size/shape 27 year old female.

in australia i would buy 10-12 (UK 12-14) ie, 29-30 waist.
    30 waist in australia is only a medium, and all stores would stock s,m,l, xl etc... even though the shopping in perth is minimal!
    the shopping here is sensational! but when i asked to try a size 30 i was told no, by about 100 stores. i was told 29 is the largest jean available.
    in some stores i was even looked at as if to say "youve got to be kidding"

i tried loads of stores, all throughout central, causeway bay, random stores in tsim sha tsui, harbour city, local stores in lai chi kok where i live, last week i tried the markets, you name it.
    i felt like a fatass by the end of the day and went home sans-jeans.

where can i buy jeans with a 30 waist? and why on earth is 29 the largest available? its really not that big.

i wanted some G star raw, or levis, joes jeans, bauhaus, paper denim cloth, anything really, i just want them to fit loosely enough for me to breathe