Lighting

Closed Thread

Lighting

Hi all. Just wondering where I can buy 'funky' ceiling lights (apart from Ikea) e.g. twisted/meshed wire designs nesting the bulb(s). Don't mind paying a bit extra for something special. Cheers.

Have you tried Ligne Roset and those other expensive design shops at the beginning of Blue Pool Road (Happy Valley)?
    There's also GOD (Causeway Bay), and a couple of cool shops when you're on that street that winds up from Central to Hollywood road.

Wow, fast reply ontheroad. Thanks! I haven't started looking yet as I wasn't sure where to start. I've just bought an apartment so I'm starting to get organised. I've noted the places that you have mentioned for my shopping trip!

Hi again.

Tried Ligne Roset today (very nice though very expensive shop!) and they only had lamps - not ceiling lights.

Found light shops around Morrison Hill Rd (most sold chandeliers/cystal lights) and Lockhart Rd (some ok shops) and was also told to try Jaffe Rd (no luck there).

Does anyone have any other suggestions please - my feet ache!

Last edited by DAQUIRI; 05-04-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Where is Ligne Roset?

I live in HK. Could you please let me know where Ligne Roset is located? Address and phone number would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hajime:
    I live in HK. Could you please let me know where Ligne Roset is located? Address and phone number would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I haven't tried but I'm quite sure you could use this thing called "google" perhaps.

Roughwise, there are 2 shops, one on Blue Pool road (Happy Valley) and another closer to Causeway Bay / Wan Chai. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DAQUIRI:
    Hi again.

Tried Ligne Roset today (very nice though very expensive shop!) and they only had lamps - not ceiling lights.

Found light shops around Morrison Hill Rd (most sold chandeliers/cystal lights) and Lockhart Rd (some ok shops) and was also told to try Jaffe Rd (no luck there).

Does anyone have any other suggestions please - my feet ache!
    ARe you looking for something like Tord Boontje? They carry that at Homeless (HOMELESS - the lifestyle concept stores). I've actually got one to sell (didn't work out for my environment) if your interested drop me a pm. They also carry other brands and could fit your funky requirements.

Just to add to this thread. Shanghai Street in Mongkok (across the road from Langham Place) is full of lighting shops (as well as some plumbing supplies, electrical and wall paper supply shops).