Like Tree5Likes

Where to get pants hemmed?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by nassaugirl:
    What is her address or approximate location? Thanks!
    First shop on left in row of shops next to 101 Green minibus terminal.
    nassaugirl likes this.

Try the li yuen street in central (the one connecting queen's road and des voux road), there are quite a few who'd do alteration, changing of zip and such small odd jobs for 20 dollars...

Quote Originally Posted by burrcl:
    I take all my stuff to Melbourne Plaza, QRC. 2nd floor, right at the back on the right hand side. Sorry, not sure of the name. Think they charge $48 for hemming/length alteration, from memory. Lots in there though too.
    Just wanted to thank you, burrcl. Took your advice and went to Melbourne Plaza and ended up at Ann & Bon (this was the shop all the way at the back on the right hand side). They charged me $50 for each pant I had hemmed and if you want to keep the original hem, it is $78. There is a small area where you can try the pants on, and then they will measure and pin the pants to your liking. There is also an English-speaking woman who helped me. The turnaround was normal...a few days. I was in no hurry, so I didn't ask whether this could be sped up. I am happy with the job. It's about what I paid back in NY and I think I liked the work better here.

The information about the various alteration shops in Melbourne Plaza is very useful. Any idea what time they close in the evening? I am wondering whether I can drop by after work...say 6-ish?
    Thanks!

flathunter, i was going to recommend her too! can't beat $10! actually, there is a lady upstairs in the wet market that does them too for about the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonggal:
    Just wanted to thank you, burrcl. Took your advice and went to Melbourne Plaza and ended up at Ann & Bon (this was the shop all the way at the back on the right hand side). They charged me $50 for each pant I had hemmed and if you want to keep the original hem, it is $78. There is a small area where you can try the pants on, and then they will measure and pin the pants to your liking. There is also an English-speaking woman who helped me. The turnaround was normal...a few days. I was in no hurry, so I didn't ask whether this could be sped up. I am happy with the job. It's about what I paid back in NY and I think I liked the work better here.
    That's the one! Glad you were happy with them. I've always wondered how it works if you keep the original hem on trousers - where do they take the length from as they seem to pin them up on you around the knee area?! Anyway, I shan't lose any sleep over it ;-)

Pisces - I'm pretty sure this particular one says they are open until 6.30 on their receipts. I know this one is open on a Saturday too.

Thanks burrcl. Will nip over to Ann & Bon or Dorothy's after work today.

Quote Originally Posted by PiscesinHK:
    The information about the various alteration shops in Melbourne Plaza is very useful. Any idea what time they close in the evening? I am wondering whether I can drop by after work...say 6-ish?
    Thanks!
    Dorothy's say they are open until 10am-8pm every day, but closed on Sunday.