Sonic T-amplifier?

Closed Thread

Sonic T-amplifier?

Hi,

I am looking for a stereo store that might stock a cheap and good compact stereo amplifier, like the Sonic T-amplifier, based on the Tripath chip.

It's on Amazon :
    Amazon.com: Sonic Impact 5066 15-Watt Portable Class-T Digital Audio Amplifier: Electronics

Since it is made in China, I figured it must be available locally!

You'd think these tripath chip, Chinese amps would be all over the place but I haven't seen them.
    A couple of options . . .
    -TrendsAudio - High end but not high priced audio products !
    I actually talked to them on the phone, but decided I wanted an amp with the Tripath 2020 chip rather than the T-2024 - they only use the T-2024.

-Ebay from a seller that has tripath-chip amps such as with brand names like "HLLY," "S.M.S.L.," and "Topping." There is a super-cheap version made with the brand name, "Lepai." This super-cheap version was what I found in a single shop on Ap Liu St., in SSP.

I bought a Topping TP-20 MK II from ebay and it works just fine, but I'm no audiophile. 2010 New Model TOPPING TP20 MK2 TA2020 T Amp + Adapter - eBay (item 250762883664 end time Feb-23-11 10:51:46 PST).

Yes! I have seen the Topping TP-20 on ebay as well. Topping is a HK brand is it not? So odd there is no local store. Whereabouts on Ap Liu St did you find the Lepai?

Sorry for replying on my own thread, but I found that you can in fact order them direct from the mainland dealers for delivery to HK. Usually if you check the ebay seller, they might leave some information that you can google. This will lead you to a phone number or email.

I contacted one such agent and they agreed to deliver the TP20 to me for HKD 550 shipping included.