BOSE Sounddock

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BOSE Sounddock

Hi

Due to visit Hong Kong in a couple of months, interested to know whether I could save money buying the BOSE Sounddock (ipod speakers) in Hong Kong

I assume they are for sale, does anyone know how much they cost?

Cheers
    Coxy

I could only find it at a BOSE retailer, so fixed price.

It's listed on the Hong Kong Apple Store at HK$ 2,688. I assume Bose will charge the same price.

Anyone got one? How do you find it sound quality / reliability wise?

Thumbs up

I have one (a UK one though) - have had it for almost two years and find it 100% reliable with ace sound quality. I would really recommend it! I will definitely be taking mine with me when I leave for HK...

Thanks - I have a BOSE CD player and the quality of the sound is amazing. My only gripe is that when you turn it up, it sounds like it is coming from one place (which of course it is) rather than filling the room.

Quote Originally Posted by JBest:
    Anyone got one? How do you find it sound quality / reliability wise?
    I've had one of about 18 months now and I don't find the sound "living-room" good - it's more like "bedroom" good.
    I'm thinking of buying one of those cables that connects and ipod to the stereo instead, or an airport express.
    Last edited by ontheroad; 15-03-2007 at 07:35 PM.

^^ Yeah that was what I was afraid of.

Bought my airport express today, connecting cables, and the result is great! My Bose will stay in my bedroom from now on!
    Heard good things about the new apple ipod stereo thingie.. but it's quite big in size, and expensive. What's the point if you already have a stereo... might as well connect the ipod or your computer to that. If you just want to connect your laptop to your stereo through wired, it'll only cost about 150$ max with a simple cable. For wireless, I paid 750 for the airport express and then 150 for the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad:
    Heard good things about the new apple ipod stereo thingie.
    Where from, most reviews panned it? Its bigger and more expensive than the Bose but not as good sound quality. The only advantage it has is taking batteries.
    Last edited by MrMoo; 17-03-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast