Like Tree5Likes

Traditional wet shaving supplies?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    yeah...my skin is extremely sensitive. it sucks.

where can i get a cheaper straight blade or safety razor to test it out on my face and see if i like it?
    Also, can i keep using my normal nivea sensitive skin foam? or do i need to get special foam for use with straight/safety?
    Hi BenderBends,

I think I can help. Please send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    What about a safety razor vs strait razor? Will the safety razors still be that much better then a mach3?
    It all depends on the engineering of each razor + blades from different manufacturers; some razors are mild and some are aggressive, and some blades are sharper than the others too. I use a mild razor + Gillette blade made in Russia and this combination is working for me. Some swear by the Japanese feather brand blades known as the sharpest blade available but our skin type is all different and it may not be for everyone.

I use a rusty piece of corrugated iron when I shave my Johnson. Just thought you'd all like to know

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya:
    I use a rusty piece of corrugated iron when I shave my Johnson. Just thought you'd all like to know
    pics or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    pics or it didn't happen
    Name:  852103-rusty-saw-blade-with-lots-of-stains.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  174.0 KB

Nice! Where can I get one and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Football16 View Post
    My son bought me the traditional razor years ago as I liked a shave in the barber shop when I was in Mexico but for some reason I was too chicken to advance past a safety razor.

I find razor blades simply don't last here or my beard is too tough lately.

I see many Chinese here don't seem to have to shave much - not sure the market is big here especially the traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by suganosan:
    Hi Football16,

What kind of blade are you using? Multi blade type can clog up easily so could that be the reason?
    I have tried all of them including the one I use now Schick Quattro Titanium which is doing no better than all of the others I have tried.

I should have learned to use the straight razor. A barber in Canada offered to teach me if I could come on a not busy day which never worked.

I know this is an old thread but I was just looking for wet shave supplies for my husband and saw that there are some available in HK. So FYI, you can buy some Art of Shaving stuff (and some other brands) on strawberrynet.com.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4