Mountain Bike - cheaper in HK or Canada ?

Closed Thread

Mountain Bike - cheaper in HK or Canada ?

Hi,

Any mountain biking fanatics in here to give a brief comparison of mountain bike prices in HK vs the west ?

I'm not a biking fanatic - just cycle sometimes in the NT, especially in lovely cool bright dayz like these (make the most of em', eh) - and don't know of price comparisons between here and elsewhere west, but try browsing this 'BSP bikes outlet' site. Most prices displayed. Click 'location' for their Kwun Tong and Fotan shops. (They sell foldable and kids' bicycles, too.)

You're not going to get great deals and the selection is quite limited however you can find many things at decent prices especially if it's made in Asia. Biking of any sorts isn't all that popular in HK but it's available.

An interesting alternative is to design your own titanium frame and order from one of the chinese factories. I did that a couple of years ago for a very specific cyclocross hybrid I used in Africa and got a pretty decent titanium frame exactly as I designed it including ovalized tube of specific thickness and all the angles and tidbits I requested. It withstood the nastiest roads I'd ever been on in Sudan, Ethiopia and Kenya and is still going for less than 1000USD for the frame.