Like Tree1Likes

Second hand book shop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Second hand book shop

are there any nice second hand book shops in Hong Kong? I only know the one next to the soho elevator. need to stock up for some serious reading for the holiday to stay away from partying for a change

Try Muse in Lan Kwai Fong. It's up a slightly tatty staircase just to the left of the entrance to the Whiskey Priest. open 11-8 7 days I think. It normally has a banner at street level by the entrance.

books!

thanks. i'll try. besides, i mistyped my thread. should be soho esculator instead of elevator.

For short-term books I thoroughly recommend the Hong Kong Public Library. The Causeway Bay one is the biggest (5-6 stories high) and chock-full of books. There's also one in Central and a couple of other locations. You just need an ID card & proof of address to register. You can check out books the same day you register & they even have an on-line renewal system...couldn't be easier.
    Check it out..
    http://www.hkpl.gov.hk/eindex.html

Last edited by nina_70; 10-04-2007 at 11:04 AM.

There's one on Park Road (off Bonham Road) in Sai Ying Pun. It's called Coffee Book. They're about to close down, so if you want some good deals, get over there.

I found another one in Stanley on Saturday. Great selection and a very friendly English guy who makes model boats owned it. I picked up Tolstoy's War and Peace and Sun Tzu's Art of War for $35 a piece. I wish I could tell you where it is, but I don't know Stanley all that well.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nina_70
    For short-term books I thoroughly recommend the Hong Kong Public Library. The Causeway Bay one is the biggest (5-6 stories high) and chock-full of books. There's also one in Central and a couple of other locations. You just need an ID card & proof of address to register. You can check out books the same day you register & they even have an on-line renewal system...couldn't be easier.
    Check it out..
    http://www.hkpl.gov.hk/eindex.html
    thank you so much! but i am not sure if they have the books i want. but i'll check it out

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    Great selection and a very friendly English guy who makes model boats owned it.
    sounds that's the real attraction. lol. i'll check it out too. but i doubt if i can find it given my totally lack of sense of direction.

return books?

Iv bought loads of books from Flow (the one next to the escalator) and seeing as i'm waiting for my visa to kick in I'm doing a lot of reading and have many many surplus books! Does anyone know if Flow, or any other second hand book stores buy books back, or give you discount on more books for returning others? I have some new ones as well that i probably won't read again, and I want to buy some more anyway... any ideas?

Muse certainly buys as well as sells. Not sure of the spread though.

"Leisure Books" in Sai Kung has just double its size.

It's around the corner from McDonalds and HSBC. Just besides the bus stop.

The Chapter House in Stanley Market has a good selection of secondhand English books - fiction / non fiction / children's. They are open from 11am till 6pm daily and are in the alley that turns off before the rugby short shop - towards the end of the market. They will also exchange books for vouchers. Call Sean on 9268 9006 for more details / directions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast