Looking for some formal prom dresses!

Closed Thread

Looking for some formal prom dresses!

Hello Everyone
    The graduation prom at my school is coming up, and I need to find an appropriate dress.
    But I can't seem to find the right shop.
    Can anyone recommend me shops with nice formal dresses, not too expensive like one of those brands eg Chanel?
    I've been looking for sometime but I just can't seem to find a proper shop...
    Help will be greatly appreciated!!

hm, if i remember right, girls back in highschool used to go upto the shenzhen border (Lo Wu) to get their dresses made. There's also a lot of cheap tailors around Mong Kok, Wong Tai Sin and Sham Shui Po.

If you want readymade cheap stuff, check out the boutiques around Mong Kok or Causeway Bay

There's also pedder building in Central (on pedder street, would you know ).It's the same building as Shanghai Tang.

I got my formal dress from there. It was from a shop called Sparkles (I think). They will alter the dress you like if you need it.

The Evelyn B group which is on the 3/f have a formal wear shop for ladies on the 8/f with fair prices.

They are closed for the holiday as I just called but here is the address
    58-62 Lan Kwai Fong St
    Grand Progress Building
    Central

It is right in the heart of LKF and lots of young ladies shop there that I have seen.
    Another option is to shop in Stanley, buy something plain and then add your own touches by sewing something distinctly different on it to avoid looking like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ispikes:
    There's also pedder building in Central (on pedder street, would you know ).It's the same building as Shanghai Tang.

I got my formal dress from there. It was from a shop called Sparkles (I think). They will alter the dress you like if you need it.
    I got a dress for a black tie event at a shop on the 4/F of Pedder Building, where they sell "cut labels" (i.e. designer clothing with the labels snipped). It was a floor-length Catherine Malandrino silk beauty which I paid just under $700 for...an absolute steal, if you ask me.

It's probably also worth checking out Island Beverley building in Causeway Bay, across from Sogo - was just there today and noticed quite a few of these "cut label" shops, as well as shops with formal dresses.

Good luck!

Great idea!

Also, on a more expensive note, syster moon in Central (wyndham street) has some lovely dresses.