Wooden Furniture

Closed Thread

Wooden Furniture

I have been visiting lots of wood furniture shops around Ap Lei Chau and Wanchai, and would be interested to hear about anybody's experience purchasing good quality wooden furniture in HK.

Any particular shop to recommend, or any pitfalls to avoid?
    In particular, there seems to be lots of good deals around Wanchai, anyone has had any experience buying from these shops in Wanchai?

Thanks

we did buy ours from L&E Arts in Ape Lei Chau.

Very professional drawings which we signed off on before they got them built in China.

Pretty impressive services and the finishing was very good.

I think they have a show room on Hollywood road too.

have bought afew things from wanchai and been very pleased with the end result. have also bought from ALC and found it a lot more expensive there.

at least on Queens Road/East it is easy to get lots of different quotes quite quickly simply by walking up the road and asking around.

i think "rosewood" is the first one you hit when you turn up there from Admiralty/Pacific place, but they are not the cheapest. We got a quote from there for a simple writing desk (our spec) that was $1000 more expensive than a quote for the same spec at the next shop along. so it is worth asking around.

Last edited by Pekkerhead; 07-04-2007 at 09:52 AM.