Equivalent of 100 Yen Shop in HK

Closed Thread

Equivalent of 100 Yen Shop in HK

Are there any in HK? Would appreciate any leads. Thanks!

Thanks KIA. Are there any that sell food? I once lived in Tokyo and they have 100 yen shops that sell food. They really made living in Tokyo less expensive.

Jusco

Quote Originally Posted by barok5:
    Are there any in HK? Would appreciate any leads. Thanks!
    How about Jusco $10 Plaza?

http://www.jusco.com.hk/eng/

Check out store info for locations.

To get to the Jusco $10 Plaza in Wan Chai: You take the A5 exit but don't take the pedestrian bridge to the Immigration Tower. Instead, you go down to street level and walk along Hennessy Road for about 5 blocks until you get to number 288. This is a big building called Emperor Center or something, and the 10-dollar shop is in the basement.

It's not nearly as big as a 100-yen shop, or even the better dollar stores in the US. I'd estimate it was about 6 7-11 shops put together. They had food, kitchenware, crafts, underwear/socks, household cleaners, some hardware, school supplies, gardening tools and pots.

Along the way you will pass a couple electronics hives that seemed to have good prices, though I found them too claustrophobic to buy anything. There were also signs for 2 for 100 handbags and similar price levels throughout the area.