Help! Where to buy an evening dress?

Closed Thread

Help! Where to buy an evening dress?

I've struggled with shopping here and now I have a ball that I need to go to as filler for a company event next Saturday. Since the timelines are so short - I need to be able to buy one off the rack with the hopes of it remaining reasonably inexpensive (as I most likely will never wear it again).

Thanks!

Try outlet shops, they often have nice evening dress with reasonable price (though with limited sizes, but you'll find something for sure), always ask if you can try them on, some will be willing, most probably wouldn't let you try them on, but they have tape measures there. And once you've paid you can try it on right there, and exchange for a different one if it doesn't fit.

WanChai - on Johnston road west of and near Southorn Playground
    Causeway Bay - Lee Garden road and Hennessy road
    Mongkok/Prince Edward - Fa Yuen Street - even cheaper than the other two areas

Evening dresses

Have you tried 4th floor Pedder Building in Pedder Street? There are loads of cocktail dresses/evening dresses. They will do alterations too if you give them enough time. There are 2 or 3 shops as you come out of the lift.

Otherwise Sparkle, is also in the same building that sells lots of dresses with a range of prices.

Good luck finding something.

Zara
    Mango
    H&M
    M&S

They're everywhere

Thanks everyone!

I got one from pedder 4/f floor.

Quote Originally Posted by lingc:
    I have a ball that I need to go to as filler for a company event
    Are you sure you understand the job description for that? ;-)

Haha.. Yes our table is empty hence I got the invite. And we're one of the sponsors. Haha not to mention the PM in my title doesn't mean private masseuse :P

Commix in Sheung Wan are having a big sale getting rid of all their evening dresses off the rack for a few hundred dollars. May only be a handful left though!