Like Tree7Likes

Indoor Mosquito Trap

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Have you tried the plug-in Raid/Baygon appliances that you can use a bottle of liquid or 'board' mats. I have bought them from Taste and used here and also in Australia. We have found them very good for bedrooms and you can hardly smell a thing.

Hire a domestic helper to stay up all night and watch out for mosquitos. It would cost around 4-6k but the bonus thing is that they can help clean your place up too.

Elegiaque likes this.

Distraction can work too. Just find someone who is extremely susceptible to mosquito bites and convince them to sleep with you. Then in the morning they are bitten to pieces and you are completely untouched...

NOTE: generally not a long term solution

Keep the windows shut in the whole place, all the time. That way you almost never get them inside the house. That's my solution.

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks for your reply. I am aware the one in the photo attracts insects using UV light, and therefore, this method of attraction would not work on mosquitos. It was just an example of a mosquito trap. The one I want specifically are those that release CO2. I didn't know about the photocatalytic ones you mentioned, but they sound good. I am also OK with the propane ones. I've seen several indoor ones that use propane, so I assume it's safe?

Something like this looks good, but where can I get it in HK? Amazon.com: Pest A Cator 15400 Mosquito Free Electronic Mosquito Trap: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Local people swear by the mosquito coils, but I can't stand the smell. Even if I keep all windows closed it's no use they find their way in, I live near a small pool.
    Sadly they only seem to bite me (and not my gf), my weapon of choice is the old magazine and torch.

Shouldn't that be "luckily" they only seem to bite me and not my girlfriend? Tsk tsk tsk!! I also dislike mosquito coils. Actually, what is the active ingredient?

okay, i know this is an old thread, but it's the first search result when i googled. can someone point me to a store here in hong kong with safe and effective indoor mosquito trap? once in a while, we get 1 fucking mosquito in the house and it pisses me off. it bites me and my kid. if only me, then fine, but my kid gets bitten all over and she will scratch non-stop. can't take it anymore. someone help!

Change you google search for "co2 mosquito trap". If you want to save money add 'diy'.

You can DIY CO2 with yeast.

And BTW, mosquitoes don't react to UV. So forget about mosquito killers with a blue light only.

chuckster007 and TheBrit like this.