Any idea where I can get this?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any idea where I can get this?

Only China is mentioned, but hopefully it's here as well. Wonder why Majiao or whatever is banned in the states..

Spicy Peanuts will Change Your Life | Taobao Field Guide

Last edited by JamesW; 06-06-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW:
    Only China is mentioned, but hopefully it's here as well. Wonder why Majiao or whatever is banned in the states..

Spicy Peanuts will Change Your Life | Taobao Field Guide
    A quick google shows the ban was lifted 6 years ago.

Can't see why a snack would change your life, unless it was a very sad life.

Hmm, "Majiao banned" gives irrelevant results for me (the 10th result is this thread). I'm not the writer of the article, nor do I agree that they will change anyone's life as I've never tried them (someone asked me to get some for them). Any idea where they are?

Update - further research has led me to telling the person "just buy it on amazon" http://www.amazon.com/HuangFeiHong-S.../dp/B00410JCD6

Last edited by JamesW; 06-06-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Actually, I'm sure it's much cheaper here than amazon.

I have bought it in Beijing, Shanghai as well as Guangzhou. Never been able to find it in Hong Kong shops.

However, my friend visited Eyebar last week and apparently they serve it there. The bartender claims they buy it from 7-11. If anyone finds these at any of the 7-11's in town, would love to hear about it.

Hullexile : Sad life or fulfilling life, your comment tells me that you've never tried the stuff.
    I would encourage you to have a taste. The stuff is amazing and amazingly addictive.

China being China, I cant vouch for whats in it but can say with certainty that I'm addicted to the stuff

HC

possible reason why that it's not sold here is that there may be no distributor for shinho foods products

http://www.shinho.com.cn/product_h.asp

please also note that the (黃飛紅) name is a play on the famous chinese martial art hero wong fei hung (黃飛鴻) same pronouncation in cantonese, not sure if the same applies to mandarin

why don' t you just buy copious amounts when you're in shenzhen/china again

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    possible reason why that it's not sold here is that there may be no distributor for shinho foods products

http://www.shinho.com.cn/product_h.asp

please also note that the (黃飛紅) name is a play on the famous chinese martial art hero wong fei hung (黃飛鴻) same pronouncation in cantonese, not sure if the same applies to mandarin

why don' t you just buy copious amounts when you're in shenzhen/china again
    just had the shock of my life, these nuts are frigging renk, really nasty and extremely spicy, it's salty tindaloo/phaa flavoured nuts, avaiable from hk ok circle

Fortunately : I still have a few bag left that a friend brought over from Beijing a few months back

*UN*Fortunately : The stuff you get in Hong Kong seems to have a different formulation. Its not as spicy, it doesnt have as many bits of peppers and just not as potent and pungent. Myself along with 3 others, completely sober did taste tests of 4 different bags. The HK stuff is OK, just OK but not the same stuff that I got before in the Mainland :-(

That stuff really is addictive. Must be the additives. Some nice "friend" got me a huge bag of them from Nanjing. I opened it and put it on the snack table in the office. It was all gone with an hour.

Now I keep them to myself.

DavidTC - please try the HK version and tell me what you think of it.
    Everyone in my family agrees with me : the locally sold version is different and not as "addictive".

Yes, perhaps the extra chemicals found in the Mainland version dont exist in the HK version :-)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast