Nokia Mobile Phone - Repair and New

Closed Thread

Nokia Mobile Phone - Repair and New

My Nokia N70 of many many years died today. It suddenly stopped working. I switched it off several times, got the battery out, but it doesnt revive.

1. Can anyone suggest where I can get it checked and repaired?

2. Plan B - can anyone recommend a store to buy Nokia phones besides the Nokia galleries?

Any other suggestions/tips are appreciated.

Thanks...

repairs, sin tat in mk

anyone phone over HK$1200 would surpass your ancient n70, thus, any store such as wilson, fortress,etc..

Thanks....

Any particular store in Sin Tat? I mean on the reliability quotient.

Only Nokia phones have earned the honourable reputation of being called ancient. No other phone can compete with the robustness of Nokia. Even my mr. N70 has not given up completely. It is taking in calls like before, but the display is gone. I am hoping its a small deal. Though, anything that comes under a hammer even once doesnt last long anyway.

IF it is a display issue try to buy a new one on ebay and exchange it yourself or have it done at Mongkok's cell phone palace ( dont recall the building's name )
    OR go there first and check whether the numerous repair shops can fix it
    NOKIA HK will charge you HK$ 250 inspection fee if it was not bought in HK

The N70 has a well-know problem with the LCD display - I had one. I tried to do the repair with an ebay-purchased replacement LCD and it didn't take. Did everything as instructed, but it didn't work. Not worth the trouble with such an old phone IMO.

Pretty much every place that sells mobile phones will sell Nokia phones: Fortress, Broadway, Gome, Sunning, the various telecomm companies, etc.

Thanks Morrison and Huja.

I agree with you. I am not sure if repairing would really work. The phone was not purchased in HK.

I got a big telling (for the millionth time) from my younger brother about my stubborn preference for not migrating to high-end phones and living in the stone age. He doesnt realise that I am still very happy with that. However, to his delight, I might just `cave in' and go for the latest one now.

Shall do it over the weekend.

I can relate to that as a big fan of E61. I even bought a second hand E61i as backup a year ago then accidentally killed both with seawater.
    Newer models are more powerful to browse online e.g. Youtube clips. What sucks is the touchpad but that seems to vary between the models. I have an eye phone now and feel Samsung phones have a more responsive touchpad. Good luck

Besides, keeping up to date with tech progress is another good reason to switch. E.g. Internet tethering with your phone or all the apps

Thanks to all, I gave myself once more opportunity to see if I could bring my old partner back to life. A repair shop in Sin Tat mall fixed it for me. He replaced the damaged IC display. As per his diagnosis, there was no other problem in the phone so was worth giving it a try. HKD 150 + HKD 600 towards celebration :-)

For now, let us see how it goes.

For me too, this was another same model purchase after I lost my first N70 of 4-5 years old, about 1.5 years ago. When I bought the second N70 that time, it was out of circulation and the sales rep gave a look that said I was twisted to buy from the 1-2 odd spares left. So much for being a loyalist. Anyway...

Thanks again. Have a rocking weekend...

P.S - I can imagine my bro banging his head on the wall...