Like Tree4Likes

Wall-to-Wall Carpet Shops

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Well it's all semantics of course but the only difference between a carpet and a rug is the size. A rug is simply a small carpet. Fitted or wall-to-wall carpets are a fairly modern thing and the expression was used to differentiate them from traditional carpets, which are not fitted, such as the carpet in the second picture above. When Aladdin got on his flying carpet it was neither fitted nor was it a 'flying rug'.

Name:  0_61_flying_carpet.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  21.2 KB

Now the tasteless and unseemly fitted carpet has become so common that young people such as yourselves don't even realise that proper carpets are neither fitted nor wall-to-wall and think that the only kind of carpet is a fitted carpet and everything else is a rug. Such is the paucity of your taste and discernment concerning floor coverings. Bah! Humbug! Etc.

virago and Ramdom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    Well it's all semantics of course but the only difference between a carpet and a rug is the size. A rug is simply a small carpet.
    Not necessarily as any experienced expert (or muncher) would testify.

Hah, okay, I can see this isn't getting me what I want. Basically the apartment we have rented has a master bedroom with gross plush white wall to wall carpet in it. It was the only thing I didn't like about the place, but it wasn't a deal-breaker. There is concrete, not wood, under the carpet so we can't just take it out we have to replace it (landlord is fine with that). SOOOO anyone know a place?

Have you considered polished concrete?
    I never thought it would look good in a house but we recently visited an apartment with polished concrete flooring and it was very nicely done.

polished concrete - Google 搜尋

I have no idea about costs though..

We have a painted concrete floor which works great for us. Probably not worth it for one room, particularly if they are just renting as they need to effectively put a new concrete floor in - they can't just polish or paint the existing concrete as it's probably not flat/smooth/right height etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Have you considered polished concrete?
    I never thought it would look good in a house but we recently visited an apartment with polished concrete flooring and it was very nicely done.

polished concrete - Google 搜尋

I have no idea about costs though..
    i am impressed with polished concrete, but I have reservations, most be expensive and labour intensive to remove if you decide you want a different floor, i also presume that not every apartment or house can have polished concrete due to the weight and stress to the structure ( i may be wrong though)

Great Carpet Shop

I know a great wall-to-wall carpet and area rugs shop. It even provides carpet cleaning service. I don't really know about it's cost but they are pretty cheap compared to other carpet sellers in Hong Kong. I have one at my house and I have had it for over 2 years now. PM me if you would like the phone number. I am thinking of buying another carpet from there soon.