Fabric Stores

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Check the Yellow Pages. Search for Textiles - Retailers; then narrow the search to those in SSP. There are 36 shops listed in SSP, 40 in total for the area.

One, bless it, even has a website...
    Golden River

Thanks to you all!

Red face Fabric for Dressmaking (Silk/Other High-Quality)

Thanks devnagiri - Sham Shui Po has many many fabric stores and even streets for PVC, trimmints, and buttons/zippers.

You mentioned you saw some silks at Ywe Hwa - do they look suitable for dressmaking? I am having trouble finding soft/high-quality fabric for making a dress to attend my brother's wedding. The fabrics at Sham Shui Po are mostly polyester and thick - not soft/flowy.

I want to make this dress using a silk with a nice pattern to avoid having to get beads sown on: Evening Gown O472 - Evening dresses including evening gowns, wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses

thanks to anyone who can provide suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by devnagiri:
    Hey all,

Where can I find a good facric store? I saw some fabrics (mostly silk) at Ywe Hwa, but was wondering if there are places with wider selection.

Quote Originally Posted by wluk:
    Thanks devnagiri - Sham Shui Po has many many fabric stores and even streets for PVC, trimmints, and buttons/zippers.

You mentioned you saw some silks at Ywe Hwa - do they look suitable for dressmaking? I am having trouble finding soft/high-quality fabric for making a dress to attend my brother's wedding. The fabrics at Sham Shui Po are mostly polyester and thick - not soft/flowy.

I want to make this dress using a silk with a nice pattern to avoid having to get beads sown on: Evening Gown O472 - Evening dresses including evening gowns, wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses

thanks to anyone who can provide suggestions
    Great dress...
    Try Spotlight at the Mega Box in Kowloon Bay. I have seen nice embroidered/beaded silks there (mostly Dupion though not sateen) and you'll be able to get all the accessories/trimmings there as well. They have a huge selection of paper pattern to choose from too. When it comes to pattern I found the selection at Yue Wah not really exiting.
    Another option would be the Chinese Arts and Craft store in Star House. The beaded/embroidered fabrics were a bit ott for my taste and the prints not really that nice.