Like Tree1Likes

Mini Liquor Bottles

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mini Liquor Bottles

In the US, you can find these 50ml mini liquor bottles at any liquor store, but here in Hong Kong I haven't seen them anywhere. Anyone know if they exist in Hong Kong and where I can find them? (I'm trying to avoid paying $40/drink on my flight back to the US)

Cheers!
    Hunter

If you can find them (I'm not sure where) and buy them before you get to the airport, you will have to give them up at security. However think you can buy them airside, but some airlines won't even let you take liquid on board.

Once you've checked in at the airport and cleared security, the Duty Free shops do carry a fair selection of minis. I knocked off a few when my flight was delayed a couple of months ago. It's technically illegal to open one of your own liquor bottles (of any size) on an international flight, however.

Not unless I'm missing something or they changed rules recently.
    I checked the airport security page and the restricted goods page and the only relevant pieces I found were.
    Restricted Item that CAN be carried on board by a passenger: *Alcoholic beverages in retail packagings containing no more than 70 per cent alcohol by volume – total quantity must not exceed 5 L.
    As far as liquid carry-ons, it's the usual rule (same in US): No more than 100ml and must be in resealable 1 litre bag.

Source: Airport Security - Hong Kong International Airport

Morrison likes this.

Hey Jay,
    I didn't realize they stocked mini's in there, I thought it was all gift packaged 1 litre+ bottles. I'll just swing in and pick some up then; and try not to knock any over in the process!

Allicat,
    You are right about the airlines themselves, they have their own rules for liquids/liquors on-board. You have to be discrete about it. I brought out my own on a US domestic flight and the stewardess swiped it right off my tray table!

Course, next time I'll probably just fly Cathay and get the wine/beer complimentary

Thanks,
    Hunter

Hi Hunter,

When I said I knocked a few off, I meant I drank them. They're usually in baskets, so knocking them over would take some effort!

Hunter, what airline are you using?

Opening your own liquor bottles on most airlines is against policy. But, since you are allowed one Zip-lock bag full of "toiletries" as a carry on, you might want to just buy a 1ltr bottle, and then find some of those small, plastic travel bottles that you'd usually fill with soap or shampoo.....jussayin.

How about you drink it all before you get on the plane

Man chugs liter of vodka in airport security line - Travel - News - msnbc.com

I have a vague memory of seeing them in the ferry terminal when I went to macau.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast