Discount for iPad

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Discount for iPad

I am intending to buy iPad 2 and looking if i can get any discount. The only possible strategy is go for new credit card and buy iPad with that. Welcome offer can be treated as discount.

is there any possible way ?

Nope no discount on apple products.
    Broadway and fortress won't give discounts if you pay by Credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkie:
    The only possible strategy is go for new credit card and buy iPad with that.

Have you not answered yourself??

offer sexula favours to mr jobs, apple stuff are fixed price pretty much anyway

So your aim is to buy the ipad 2 for less? Only way I can think of is to buy it used.

A couple of stores in Mongkok actually combine with a cover to get a better price. The cover is crap and worth about $50 but add an extra $400 to the price.

Of course you can sell get it at Fortress etc but don't always have all versions.

Apple practices what some call 'vertical price fixing'. They mandate that all resellers not sell their products for less than a certain price. The only discounts you can get are for other savings, such as a credit card promotion, or if a company takes a slight loss (i.e. like MacMall reductions of $5) which they make up in other ways (peripherals, shipping and handling, etc). Companies that fail to comply will lose their right to sell Apple products.

You can, sometimes, find refurbished products on the Apple website for a discount. These are items purchased but then returned within the first 15-30 days. Apple techs review the products for faults and then resell them for a 5-15% discount via the online Apple store. They have the same warranty as a new machine.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    find refurbished products on the Apple website for a discount. These are items purchased but then returned within the first 15-30 days.
    Any idea when iPad 2 may come as refurbished item ??

Wait until September when the IPad3 or IPad Pro comes out. The posers will be wanting to get rid of the "so last year " model so you can have you discount then.

ipad discount

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkie:
    I am intending to buy iPad 2 and looking if i can get any discount. The only possible strategy is go for new credit card and buy iPad with that. Welcome offer can be treated as discount.

currently you can buy in the wholesale market ipad2 with a discount up to 200 HKD for 3G models. These goods are coming from HK Apple Premium Resellers who do not sell them over the counter in their retail shops but prefer rather to sell them in bulk quantity to local trading companies.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast