Like Tree8Likes

B&H photo shop

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    So what was the camera?

I'm always taking camera parts from HK to NYC as it's cheaper than B&H and Amazon, so go figure.
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Digital Camera (Silver) DMC-TS3S B&H

Just to add that my experience in Tin Cheung is TST was not positive. I found their sales staff to be rude and patronising. Maybe just a bad day at the office but I won't be going back.

Ok, that is more of a midrange point-and-shoot, I see HK$3,000 but high street stores are more at HK$3,400. Generally in HK you find the better prices for Nikon and Canon DSLRs with their lenses, and you may have to look at the more professional end than the more prosumer bottom end. Even micro 4/3ds are similar if not more expensive.

Next to DSLRs you have the bottom of the barrel items which you may be able to find specials on Amazon that fair better, especially with Prime. Generally I've seen HK do better, especially compared with Korea.
    Last edited by MrMoo; 10-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Ok, that is more of a midrange point-and-shoot, I see HK$3,000 but high street stores are more at HK$3,400. Generally in HK you find the better prices for Nikon and Canon DSLRs with their lenses, and you may have to look at the more professional end than the more prosumer bottom end. Even micro 4/3ds are similar if not more expensive.

Next to DSLRs you have the bottom of the barrel items which you may be able to find specials on Amazon that fair better, especially with Prime. Generally I've seen HK do better, especially compared with Korea.
    Hi

When I was looking for this camera, it was priced closer to HK$3,900. There were a few places that were selling it for around HK$3,000 but these were grey imports and were not offering any sort of warranty with the camera. My total order came to US$357 (c. HK$2,784).

I want to thank everyone here who was kind enough to post positive experiences about B&H Photo. This is very gratifying and much appreciated.

TigerSun wrote: Surprised they would ship to HK.
    We ship worldwide and are proud of our international clientele.

actiowoman wrote: ...all of the guys working there are Orthodox Jews who are really knowledgable about photography.
    While they're almost all really knowledgeable (because we hire working pros as often as we can) the fact is several of our managers and some of our employees are orthodox Jews. We have a very diverse staff including orthodox Jews, non-orthodox Jews and non-Jews alike. We're as diverse as New York City itself.

Henry Posner
    B&H Photo-Video

luckycat and drumbrake like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Don't know yet, in the midst of a move and the camera is in a box!!

However, will be going to Maldives next month so am looking forward to taking it snorkelling!

Panasonic DMC-TS3 - DC 數碼相機 - 隨身數碼 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

av life sells this at HK$2800, official hk product, almost same as your price, please note like in the other geoexpat thread, also expensive list price places such as fortress and boardway may have the so called great cs that you expected.

there are like dixons and curry in uk

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Panasonic DMC-TS3 - DC 數碼相機 - 隨身數碼 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

av life sells this at HK$2800, official hk product, almost same as your price, please note like in the other geoexpat thread, also expensive list price places such as fortress and boardway may have the so called great cs that you expected.

there are like dixons and curry in uk
    When I bought it the price at all the official stockists was around the HK$3800 - 3900 mark. No doubt the price has come down since then.

On top of the likes of Broadway and Fortress I've already said I checked out the various camera shops around Stanley St.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    When I bought it the price at all the official stockists was around the HK$3800 - 3900 mark. No doubt the price has come down since then.

On top of the likes of Broadway and Fortress I've already said I checked out the various camera shops around Stanley St.
    stanley street is not a camera oriented area, no wonder it's expensive, it's like buying electronics from oxford street instead of tottenham court rd, surely some homework and little trip to mong kok's sai yeung choi st or good independent camera store ( geoexpater have recommend many) or av life would of been less hassle than ordering from the states.

it's like most of the ' HK is expensive rants' which appears on this site often,

however, I do believe based on commenst that B & H store is very good place if you happen to be in the states

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    stanley street is not a camera oriented area, no wonder it's expensive
    That's too much of a generalisation. Some of the stuff I've bought from Stanley Street is cheaper than TST or Mongkok, especially accessories and lenses.