Where to buy clothes dye/get someone to dye it?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy clothes dye/get someone to dye it?

I bought a jacket recently and it's light pink striped with white. However, I want the whole thing to be white. Does anyone know where to get dye which can dye the whole thing white? Or a place I can take it where they will dye it for me? (I prefer the latter :P)

Thnx a bunch guys!

I'd think you'd want to bleach it sweetheart. Nobody dyes anything white..lol

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I'd think you'd want to bleach it sweetheart. Nobody dyes anything white..lol
    LOL, although if you're serious about dying it....then perhaps the Hippy communes on Lamma Island can help you out. After smoking enough shwag it will probably look white to you.

haha thnx for the replies but

1) i've tried bleach and it didn't work, thats why i'm asking about dyes here

2) i live in shatin..and lamma island is just a TAD too far from me............

The reason the bleach didn't work is because the dye has been treated with a mordant that fixes it into the fabric. I have no idea how you'd turn that jacket white. Why don't you just get one made in exactly the same way? You can probly get one made for like $300.

you don't need bleach, you need colour remover.
    i'm serious. apparently it's not the same?

RIT makes one, along with various colours.

now i'm going to be a jerk and tell you it's an american thing, so i don't know where to buy any here.

but i'm harassing a friend to bring some this week, so maybe i'll let you know how that turns out...

sorry about the non-offer/babble =P

ohhh! pls do let me know how it works out!! =D i'd be glad to buy some off you, and then some for your troubles

eureka!
    i forgot where this thread was =P

BUT,
    my friend was unable to find it. she found some other brand, i should've just told her to grab that one instead. sorry!

anyway, i'm personally still looking for it, so if i see any, i'll let you know!!

thnx, cheap price too!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast