Waxing :D

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

the XXX is the brazillian, where usually EVERYTHING down below is taken off...a bikini is more of just a "tidy up" so that when you wear your swimsuit, you're not....ummmm....hanging out all over...ummm....yuck!!!

for waxing...generally regrowth can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks, depending on the person, the number of times they've been waxed, etc.
    it might be at the lower end for the first few times, because you're hair is all at different stages of growth.
    (here goes a long winded attempt at an explanation...)

there are 3 stages of hair growth. if you wax around the middle of the first stage of growth, then the follicles still have 2.5 stage of growth to work through ...even though there's no hair in the follicle, the follicle continues through the stages. if, however, you wax towards the end of the 3rd stage, then most of the hairs were going to fall out naturally anyway...a neat way to tell what stage of growth you're at is to look at the "strip" or the wax after removal. if the ends of the hairs (the ends that were inside the follicle) have little bulbs on them, then the had already lost the blood supply and were on their way to falling out already. this means that the waxing won't last as long.

it might take a couple of waxing sessions to be able to sort out when to get the waxing done so that it lasts the longest time possible.

the legnth of time a wax lasts would be the same as a threading. the reason being, the hair still grows the same way....

however, i have noticed that for women that have been waxing for years, their hair grows back thinner and softer than for someone who shaves....

hope that helps a little!

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    the XXX is the brazillian, where usually EVERYTHING down below is taken off...a bikini is more of just a "tidy up" so that when you wear your swimsuit, you're not....ummmm....hanging out all over...ummm....yuck!!!

for waxing...generally regrowth can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks, depending on the person, the number of times they've been waxed, etc.
    it might be at the lower end for the first few times, because you're hair is all at different stages of growth.
    (here goes a long winded attempt at an explanation...)

there are 3 stages of hair growth. if you wax around the middle of the first stage of growth, then the follicles still have 2.5 stage of growth to work through ...even though there's no hair in the follicle, the follicle continues through the stages. if, however, you wax towards the end of the 3rd stage, then most of the hairs were going to fall out naturally anyway...a neat way to tell what stage of growth you're at is to look at the "strip" or the wax after removal. if the ends of the hairs (the ends that were inside the follicle) have little bulbs on them, then the had already lost the blood supply and were on their way to falling out already. this means that the waxing won't last as long.

it might take a couple of waxing sessions to be able to sort out when to get the waxing done so that it lasts the longest time possible.

the legnth of time a wax lasts would be the same as a threading. the reason being, the hair still grows the same way....

however, i have noticed that for women that have been waxing for years, their hair grows back thinner and softer than for someone who shaves....

hope that helps a little!
    Wow... that help a lot... You have so much knowledge in this... you sound like beautician... I always thought Brazillian wax is a different methods or wax used... I have a very clear pic now... Thanks millions....

wow, this must be a new millenia. you girls are revealing an awful lot of private information in a public forum. i presume your inbox's are filling up with PM's

never said i had one.....LOL!

i'm not revealing anything that a good human biology text wouldn't have covered (at least about the hair growth)...didn't even get in anything about the different shapes etc for your private hair if you wanted...

and, yes, i am a beauty therapist...among other things! LOL!

and michelle.... there are two types of wax that are possible, although with brazillian, i'm guessing that they'd probably use the "hot" or "cold" wax. this is a type of wax that is applied thickly to the area that you want to have the hair removed from. it looks almost like a putty and when it cools, the wax is removed directly. (in hk it is referred to as hot as it melts at a higher temp than the second wax that i'll tell you about. in north america they call this same wax cold, because you need to wait for it to cool off before you can remove it)...

the second type of wax is warm/strip wax. this wax is applied very thinly and removed with a paper or cloth strip.

they say that for areas of coarse growth that the hot wax(not the strip) is better because the warmer temp makes the follicles open up more which means it should be less painful. i, however, have never noticed that much of a difference, pain-wise!

Quote Originally Posted by nikki_central:
    "The Firm" at Centrium building at wyndham street has been recommended by many lifestyle magazines for brazilian waxing/waxing,facial,eye brow shape(eye brow threading)and for tanning.
    i have been going there for brazilian waxing and i will like to recommend it to other ladies for great waxing.
    their ph. no is 25256696.
    Centrium is near to where I stay, thats great... How much is the cost you will spend, your experience?

Carange, you sure do sound like the one with all the answers!.. so I was wondering..
    a Brazilian, - do you have to "trim" the hair down a bit before going to get the B. Or do you go "as you are" and they do all the pre-wax stuff?. Is there pre-wax prep? I have no idea about this as I have never waxed so much as a bikini line.. I'm a razor girl, but considering doing a B.
    On a pain scale of 1 - 10, what can I expect/fear?

Thanks, it's like having a girlie chat with the girlfriends! ..new to this site, but loving it, wish I found it earlier!

is it painful to do brazillian?

Hi girls,

The pain intensity really depends on what your tolerance levels are like when it comes to pain.

For some people (thankfully me!) brazillian waxing is a walk in the park. When I had my first B around 5 years ago, the only exclamation I made was, "Is that all?"

You'll find that different spots on your girly bits will hurt more than other spots. For me, the only time it has really hurt is when I've had an inexperienced waxer. Yet, I have heard horror stories of women with low pain tolerance yelping and screaming. There's really only one way to find out.

Given that this is your first 'trip to Brazil' I recommend that you find an experienced brazilian waxer, and discuss the procedure over the phone prior to your appointment. Your first wax is always going to be the most painful, you'll find it gets easier with repeat waxing.

Warning - once you've 'been to brazil' you may never turn back! Please bear in mind that the waxing may become a monthly habit, make sure your budget can accommodate it.

Cheers,

kim

(4 weeks to go until we move to HK, Yippee!)

I am moving to Hong Kong in a few weeks and I am esthetician..so I have done Brazilians both on men and women..I have no problems in doing them. It can last up to 6 weeks...the more you have it done the less there is. Guys are really getting into it and women over 35.. I was wondering who and where when I get there....thanks for the info.

I tried to add this to my last post...Just to add..you should trim before, not to short though..you want the wax on your skin not just on the hair!! DO not have any waxing done the week of your period as you will be to sensitive. Take a Tylenol, Panadol or something just before if you think you might need it.

Now does anyone know of a good hair stylist?

I will be living in Hong Kong in 2 more weeks!!!!