Thai Groceries

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tang Lung Street in Causeway Bay (quite near Times Square)

There's a Thai grocery store on Western Street in Sai Ying Pun (North of Caine Road, down the steep ass slope). The lady had me change her lightbulbs the last time I went in...lol

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by mummybee:
    believe it or not, i just stumble on this thread cos I am in desperate need to source for thai ingredients to make yummy green curry and I live in Tseung Kwan O. Please please please can I have the address of the great thai shop mentioned, lowlight ????? Goodfood, I am near kowloon city - can I have your addresses too? I didn't recall seeing any thai shops in that area.

BTW what I want is fresh bamboo shoots, pea-variety eggplant, and small rounded eggplant, as well as lemongrass, kaffir leaves, mint leaves etc...basically all fresh ingredients needed in green curry.

Many thanks!!
    In Po Lam, Metro City Phase 1, on "1F" (the 2nd floor, but in HK the 2nd floor is called "1F" for some stupid reason)

Right in the middle of the mall, by Victoria Harbour Restaurant, you will find a market called "IndoMarket" or something like that. They have a pretty good selection of Indonesian, Malaysian, and Thai food. Including some fresh ingredients that you normally don't find in Park n Shop, etc.

there are a couple of small thai shops in the wanchai wet market street that runs off Johnston road. just opposite some of the seafood sellers there is two shops right next door to one another and sell everything you can possibly need to cook authentic thai cuisine. My wife is Thai and we go there all the time.