Like Tree39Likes

get the heck out of IFC this weekend

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    People will even queue in HK for a sweaty towel.
    do you mean YOU have done this, or has other people lined up for your sweaty towel?

V are you actually Andy Lau?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramdom:
    do you mean YOU have done this, or has other people lined up for your sweaty towel?

V are you actually Andy Lau?
    Towel from South Park would think different. A sweaty towel would turn him on!

I'd Queue up for Jeana Ho's sweaty towel though.

It just reminds me of those stupid people who collect those stupid stickers at Wellcome. Whenever I hand them back I always get the middle aged local eyes brighten up saying they will take them so they can save for the stupid suitcase that will fall apart in two uses or a pot that will break within six months.

attkrt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    I'd Queue up for Jeana Ho's sweaty towel though.
    Really?

V - I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramdom:
    V - I don't get it.
    Don't worry, it's a stupid comment from me.

Towelie is a character in South Park. Google it if you want to waste a minute or two.

ah. I may have missed that episode. will have to watch. big SP fan.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    according to the local chinese papers, just a free t shirt, nevertheless, i am sure people will queue for this
    Don't know about Apple, but some local companies pay people to queue up so as to generate "buzz". As for Apple, I think there is real demand for it's products so the queue will be "real".

I remember some years ago McDonalds were giving out free stuff toy or something if people purchase their happy meals and lo and behold, a massive queue was created for each franchise. If locals are willing to queue (almost riot) for a f***in stuff toy, you bet they will queue for an ipad or iphone.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 20-09-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    It just reminds me of those stupid people who collect those stupid stickers at Wellcome. Whenever I hand them back I always get the middle aged local eyes brighten up saying they will take them so they can save for the stupid suitcase that will fall apart in two uses or a pot that will break within six months.
    I beg to differ. I collect these - they often have some really good stuff on offer. (Although I note that since the Wellcome in GC changed to a Marketplace, the offers did improve - before it was "every other" offer was a decent one.)

A got a coupla decent knives from Wellcome.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast