Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elle

Dress/ qipao tailor and ladies' shoe maker

Closed Thread

Dress/ qipao tailor and ladies' shoe maker

Hi, I've got some delicate soft silk fabric that I want made into a qipao fitted type of dress. I've gone through a few old threads here that recommended Shanghai Tang but it seems their workmanship isn't fab. Anyone know of a reliable local tailor with good craftsmanship? What's the approx price range? I don't mind going to several fittings if that's what the tailor requires.

Also, can anyone recommend a good women's shoemaker? I'm after comfy high heels for everyday type of wear with sleek modern designs and not too expensive.

I'm from the Kowloon area, so any Kowloon recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance!!

There is a bespoke shoe shop at in the mall next to the Post Office on Middle Road

Zee's Leather Ware's
    18 Far East Mansion Arcade
    Middle Road, Tsimshatsui, Hong Kong

They have a web page - Zee's Leather Co. - Shopping/Retail - Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong - Photos | Facebook that only shows men's shoes but seem to recall walking past and there were women getting shoes fitted

Have heard no reports on price / quality ratio

There are also a couple of shops in Mirador manions and on next to the royal Garden in TST.

Last edited by East_coast; 26-09-2011 at 10:07 PM.

For a Cheung Sam (or Qi Pao) I can highly recommend
    Linva Tailors
    38 Cochrane Street, Central
    Tel: 2544 2456

For reasonably priced and well made shoes I can recommend Vickies. They have 2 shops in Central.
    Vickie's
    3 Queen Victoria Street, Central, Hong Kong
    Tel: 2525-6402
    Their other shop is in Li Yuen East Street.

+1 for Vickies. I recently bought 3 pairs there and was pleased with the results. My friend buys all her shoes there and her mother comes over from Oz twice a year - and will order many pairs for her friends

How much did the shoes end up costing you? Was thinking of getting a pair made as well

$300-500. I actually had shoes customized as well, there was a pair with low 1" heels so I requested that they order me a pair with a much higher heel. Took 4 weeks though!

Depending on the style and leather I paid between HK$300 - HK$600 per pair. Turn around time is 4-6 weeks. I got 6 pairs made over the last few months and am very happy with every single one of them.
    Ooopsie, just saw that SataySue beat me to it

Last edited by elle; 05-10-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    Satay Sue likes this.

Ooh thanks! I'm in love with a pair that I have and hope they can have it copied for me! So excited! Needed a shoe fix!