Like Tree3Likes

iPhone 4S in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
    Original Post Deleted
    actually it is random. Apple stores in USA are not officially selling the iPhone 4S unlocked until later this month. However some shops have offered some customers unlocked phones early (as in last week). This is random occurrences and not official yet. Therefore you can test your luck if you are near a US apple shop, or wait until ALL the apple shops officially sell the iPhone 4S unlocked.

The price on iPhone 4S dropped steadily last week in Mongkok, but over the weekend evened out and for some (like the 64gb) went back up due to supply issues in Canada. The price of a 64gb is $1,000 over what it was earlier last week, when you can find it.

I've been tracking prices here:
    IPHONE FOR HONG KONG
    Hong Kong Apple News (iPhone4 & iPad2)

yes. i know what an unsubsidized iphone is, and i know what factory unlocked is. What I dont think you are understanding is that officially according to Apple spokesmen and media...the iphone 4S is not officially available unlocked yet in the USA until mid November. That being said, as the article you linked to states, select stores (which as it seems random) are offering the unlocked device earlier than the official date.

If you can find me an official statement from Apple that gives a list of stores offering the unlocked iphone before middle of Novemeber, then I will take back the "random" statement. Until then, accept your defeat.

iPhone 4s is available in HK for pre-order tomorrow (4th November) and released next Friday (11th November)

iPhone 4S arriving in Hong Kong, South Korea and a number of other locales on November 11th -- Engadget

Where do you preorder? I just want a handset as I am on a CSL contract but told CSL don't have stock for a while...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5