Curry leaves and fresh jack fruit - where to buy?

Closed Thread

Curry leaves and fresh jack fruit - where to buy?

Can these be found in any supermarkets like Taste or Great?

No luck in Wellcome, I have tried Citysuper and 360 but no luck either.

If not, are there any Indian grocery stores that are easy to get to / easy to find or where you can order online? I tried to find one in Wanchai once but just got hopelessly lost.

Please always remember Chung King Mansion in TST. All the Indian Grocery Stores carry Curry Leaves.
    Not sure about Jack fruit. Normally it should be available from Thai or Indonesian grocery.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquorice:
    Can these be found in any supermarkets like Taste or Great?

No luck in Wellcome, I have tried Citysuper and 360 but no luck either.

If not, are there any Indian grocery stores that are easy to get to / easy to find or where you can order online? I tried to find one in Wanchai once but just got hopelessly lost.

Try the Indian Provisions Store in the middle of Bowrington Road Wet Market in Wan Chai (just under the flyover after Times Square). Not the friendliest place but they always have fresh curry leaves.

jackfruit -> try jusco [whampoa garden]

Jackfruit - Bowrington Rd wet market, Sai Kung Wellcome

Hi Flat Hunter. Have you seen fresh jackfruit at Saikung Wellcome? I have seen the tinned jackfruit but it is in sweet liquid therefore not good for making curries (as I have been advised) - needs to be fresh. I'm in that Wellcome all the time and have never seen it.

Will try the Bowrington Road wet market. Thanks everyone.

Chung King Mansions Indian stores seem to be North Indian or Pakastani so don't stock curry leaves

Thai grocery stores are clustered around the Wanchai market area. Not in the indoor market but in the streets around it. Between Johnston rd and the market.

So it sounds like Wanchai would be a good place to go!

If it's dried ones you're after, I've only found them at regency spices. Fresh ones you can pick up at indian provision stores - although they tend to dry up in a couple of days anyway.