Christmas tree and stuff

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hanoimom:
    where is the flower market?
    Go to Prince Edward MTR station, Police Station exit, walks towards the police station as you come out, pass the Honda dealership and it is the next block on your left, one street over from the main street. The Mongkok Statium will be on the left.

I dont think the Honda dealership is there anymore.

Threesixty in landmark sell real Xmas trees

Quote Originally Posted by hanoimom:
    where is the flower market?
    Flower market map

Even the Wellcome in Causeway Bay sell Christmas trees. They're about 6' tall, Douglas Fir I think. $888 but you need to arrange your own transport. Not sure a taxi will fit a 6' tree. Comes with the base for you to fill with water daily.

By the way, we ended up going with a nursery in Sai Kung. Turns out Wellcomes cost less but we already ordered. Agnes Chu is our contact at the nursery and her email is [email protected]
    Douglas Fir 6-7ft costs $850 and they will delivery to your home for an additional $100. They begin delivering on Dec 5. We are excited. You can pay cash on delivery.

Her number is Agnes (TEL:25733627)

Thank you for the flower market map!

How about tree decorations? We have outfitted our tree with all the basics from the stores around the Fa Yuen market. They are good basics, like balls and lights. But we are missing one thing - the ornament for top of the tree! The market stores have basic stars, but growing up, we have always had the tradition of the tree topper being the highlight of the tree. Usually one that lights up, and stands out from the rest. Anyone know where to shop for something like this? I assume it will have to be somewhere more 'western' but I have no idea what type of 'western' store would sell something like this.

The Wellcome Superstore in Causeway Bay has just taken delivery of Douglas Fir trees, roughly 6 to 7 foot, from $650-900.

Forgot to ask about delivery.

Brief update as I was at Wellcome in CB today. They have these trees: Douglas fir at $588, Nordman fir at $688 and Noble fir at $788.
    I wanted a delivery to Pokfulam and it was free of charge. Also, for some unknown reason, I was given $60 discount!