Best place to buy a Rolex: Hong Kong, Singapore or Switzerland?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

^ true mike.

I believe that basically is the difference between 'watchmaker' watch like Rolex, Patek, IWC etc and 'designer' watches cartier, bvlgari etc whereby there is a certain cap

P/S there are people who love watches and would like to own one after years of saving therefore hunting for a nicely priced one is essential

from what I have seen, not much between Sing and HK. In HK don't go to the mainstream shops in Central. Avoid Duty Free - total rip off.

A mate bought one from Dubai and swears as the cheapest mkt.

thanks all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07
    People who made their money, still often know the value of a $ and will not throw it out when they don't have to.
    I'm frequently surprised that Hong Kong businesses try to operate in completely the opposite fashion. Most corporate websites and material never detail prices, you have to have a meeting, sit through hours of crappy presentations and then get handed a big brochure with the shocker price tag.

For example I spent a couple of weeks looking for a phone system, do businesses really spend 10-20x more than a keyline system for VOIP? Our previous phone supplier only sells VOIP equipment now, presumably to the crazy mark up.

Nicely one supplier end up giving me his raw cost price list.

It is by chance I found this interesting thread.

I have knowledge on;
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
    36mm datejust in rolesor
    steel

and
    36mm datejust in rolesor
    steel and 18ct everose gold

Their price are now more less the same in Switzerland as well as in Hong Kong. Previously their price in Hong Kong is cheaper than that in Switzerland. Therefore Swiss people came to Hong Kong shopping for Rolex.

I have no knowledge of their price is Singapore although I have visited there in many occasions in the past.

I won't shop for Rolex in Switzerland but for Bally shoes. Their prices are much cheaper there. A pair of Bally shoes made in Switzerland is about 1/3 of the price offered in Hong Kong. A pair of Bally shoes made in Italy is about 1/4 of the price offered in Hong Kong. There are Bally Centers in the mojor cities, such as Bern, the Capital, Zurich, Luzern, Geneva, Fribourg, Swiss Basel (Half of Basel belonging to Germany), etc. Their variety in design and colors are more there for selection. There are Bally shoes made in Turkey. They won't be available in Bally Center. They can be found in shops in Switzerland as well as other cities in Western Europe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2