Mitsubishi Dehumidifiers

Closed Thread

Mitsubishi Dehumidifiers

Hi there,

I was reading some older posts recommending Mitsubishi branded dehumidifiers. Anyone know where I might be able to find one? I haven't been able to find that brand in Fortress or seemingly any other big store I've looked at. I've only seen GE, Rowenta, Whirlpool, and other non-memorable brands.

Otherwise, can you recommend the latest models that are reliable and quiet?

Thanks so much!

I think dehumidifiers are sort of seasonal, in that around New Years or so all the new models arrive for the year, including Mitsubishi, etc. By about May or so they are sold out and you sort of get what's left until the next year's shipment arrives.

I think Mitsubishi, Panasonic and Sharp make the best dehumidifiers out there. Quiet, lots of features and most importantly, very energy efficient. They are more expensive than other brands though so not very popular at the retail stores like Fortress. Hitachi is another highly recommended brand and has some barebones models but very good machines. You can buy dehumidifiers cheaper online at price.com.hk, delivered to your home. I think I saw some used Mitsubishi on sale here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    I think Mitsubishi, Panasonic and Sharp make the best dehumidifiers out there. Quiet, lots of features and most importantly, very energy efficient. They are more expensive than other brands though so not very popular at the retail stores like Fortress. Hitachi is another highly recommended brand and has some barebones models but very good machines. You can buy dehumidifiers cheaper online at price.com.hk, delivered to your home. I think I saw some used Mitsubishi on sale here as well.
    Here you go Dehumidifier 抽濕機 - 家庭電器 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

If you can't read Chinese, you can use google chrome and it will translate it for you like this

penguinsix is right, its seasonal and you will have a hard time finding them now when winter is coming and humidifier instead is being pushed out now. Barring all that, you still can find some leftover stock.

I bought my mitsubishi at DSC in causeway bay 4 years ago during winter. Bargained with them for a reasonable discount due to the obvious out-of-season product. Loved it as its still churning out the moisture after all these years. Its something worth investing in if you staying here for quite a while

Or Broadway, Apita, Ion.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I just moved to HK so trying to figure out all the stuff I should be buying. On that note, do you have recommendations on humidifiers and heaters then? Also, are air purifiers necessary?

Humidifiers - don't bother. I don't think there is much need for these. Heaters - oil radiator types are quiet and good for bedrooms. Fan blower types are faster but louder and better for bathrooms. Many new air conditioners are now inverters - ie both a heater and a cooler, so you should check as you may not need a heater. But running an air cond in heat mode is not very energy efficient.

Hi

12:05 Wednesday. Just saw a Mitsubishi on display at Wing On in CityPlaza/Taikoo. It is there now. Not sure how many in stock.