where to buy laptop in hk?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

where to buy laptop in hk?

im off to hk next week and im interested in buying a new laptop - xps m1710 Dell.

now after some research on the internet. i found some "resellers".. looking quite suspicious to me..

Dear Sir,
    We sell both new and refublished Dell xps m1710.
    New cost..........$850
    Refurblished cost......$450

We deliver in 3 working days.
    We give a 1 year warranty.
    Regards,
    XXXX

Now.. is it really possible to be tat cheap? i mean that same laptop cost around $3500 in the US. + that guy also don't want me to come pick it up at his office.. finally he said he will ship it freely to my country!!
    so i conclude it is just a big scam..

anyway i would really appreciate it if u guys could recommend me some good computer store and the approximate price of the Dell xps m1710 in HK.

thanks

Wan Chai Computer Centre, take the MTR get off at Wan Chai Exit A4, it's full of retail shops selling PCs & laptops.

Casueway bay opp IKEA 12TH FLOOR

if you looking for a dell, then www.dell.com?

Unless you are looking for a really cheap laptop, without wireless, dvd writer, etc, go Dell or Apple, its cheaper in the US and repair & support it certainly is more convenient.

You can always save money online in the US, basic rules of supply & demand. However if you compared something like a NYC retail store with tax against a HK computer mall store you might see a discount.

All retail stores offer special bargains some times too, Fortress has various specials on IBM/Lenovo laptops for ~$500, in the US in sale time Best Buy, Wal Mart, Costco, etc, all have good bargains too.

Last edited by MrMoo; 11-08-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cage:
    im off to hk next week and im interested in buying a new laptop - xps m1710 Dell.

anyway i would really appreciate it if u guys could recommend me some good computer store and the approximate price of the Dell xps m1710 in HK.
    HK is no longer the paradise for electronic goods it was before the handover.

it might be a mistake to go specifically to HK for that.

Many of the laptops of all brands are actually put together in Taiwan -- in a town called Hsinchu south of Taipei. I have been told that this would be a place to get bargains.

Taipei is very modern with a good transportation system, and it would be easy to get a stopover there.

I've noticed the laptops in HK are actually more expensive overall than the U.S. actually... which is why me and my partner got brand new laptops before coming over there...

Quote Originally Posted by hils625:
    Wan Chai Computer Centre, take the MTR get off at Wan Chai Exit A4, it's full of retail shops selling PCs & laptops.
    One of my business partners needs to buy a new laptop asap here in HK.

He is being told Broadway, others suggest Wanchai Computer Center. What do others think?

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    One of my business partners needs to buy a new laptop asap here in HK.

He is being told Broadway, others suggest Wanchai Computer Center. What do others think?
    Broadway and Fortress is fine if you're wanting to pay a higher price and get an international warranty with it, However theres a lot less choice.

Wanchai and Mongkok computer centres for choice and slightly cheaper but usually a local warranty.

Y

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Broadway and Fortress is fine if you're wanting to pay a higher price and get an international warranty with it, However theres a lot less choice.

Wanchai and Mongkok computer centres for choice and slightly cheaper but usually a local warranty.

Y
    That pretty much sums it up. Thanks. The international warranty issue is key as he is both an HKID holder and a Vancouverite.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast