Car rentals in HK (age: 21)

Closed Thread

Car rentals in HK (age: 21)

Hey guys,

I'm moving within HK so I'd love to rent a car to get my stuff over and go shopping..... problem: It seems like Avis and Trinity (http://www.geoexpat.com/resources/sh...al/car-rental/) are renting to people aged 25 and above....

I've held my driving license for three years now, am 21 and converted my license to a HK one..... Any place I can get a car?????

Don't worry about safety...I did my motorbike license in HK so I am sort of familiar with the traffic conditions and the Left-wrong way of driving...

Take care
    Jeff

Jeff -- tough one. Insurance is extremely expensive for < 25 year old drivers and I'm sure the rental agency contracts will not cover you.

Might be cheaper to use taxis or get stuff delivered to you from the stores (most stores offer cheap delivery for bulky items)

By the time you've paid for car parking it's definitely going to be cheaper to take the free or near-free delivery service. Or if you are moving a load of stuff from one place to another then a "man with a van".

Thanks guys for answering so quickly!!!!
    I guess I'll really just go by taxi...haahaha...poor taxi driver moving me 1.5kms with 3 tons of baggage... ;-)

Thanks and Take care
    jeff

Man with a van may be a better idea. One like 2390 0000 are good deals. I moved a giant TV through one of the companies from Clear Water Bay to Tsz Wan Shan (AKA a long way) and they charged $89. They are cheap if you load all the stuff in a van or a truck.

I would offer my car but things are too busy for me right now...sorry.