Portable DVD Player

Closed Thread

Exclamation Portable DVD Player

I want to get my daughter a Portable DVD player/CD player (she's took young for a laptop or itouch etc) and looked at Fortress for models - they have Pensonic (not Panasonic) Soundtech Phillips and Sony. My choice would be Sony as its a brand I know and trust generally but its 880 HKD and dont want to make a mistake on an expensive gift that may not last long. I have previously bought a Phillips brand in Wan Chai Computer Centre but a few years after working fine its stopped charging, we bought a new charger and after a while that didnt seem to work. I possibly could get a new battery but sure its not worth it. http://www.fortress.com.hk/fortress/.../Sf_render.jsp

Can anyone shed any light on what brand/model I should go for? I want it to play her Story CD's and any multi regional DVD's. I know the battery life will only last 4hrs on the Sony model but searching around this is standard.

Can't go wrong with Sony.

If you are looking at spending around $500-$800 you should seriously look at getting a cheap PMP like one of these :
    Ainol 艾諾電子 - 香港官方網站

Lightweight, no discs to carry around, compact and lasts a long while...
    有關《ainol pmp》的產品 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

Well replacing a rechargable battery after 'a few years' is quite normal whatever the brand so it's entirely possible that you may have a similar experience.

That said, I wouldn't imagine that DVDs will still be around in a few years time so I wouldn't look at it as a long-term investment.

I have a Sony player and haven't had any issues with it!

Thanks everyone - esp Howard Coombs - I like the link you sent me but still she is too young for that and I really want her to be able to put her CD and DVD discs on herself that she already has without us first having to download first.