Like Tree19Likes

x-mas present for a tech fan

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    So, you say he's got a nice camera with all the kit.

Why not take him on holiday somewhere where you can take nice photos. Give him some use for that equipment of his.
    good suggestion, but we just came back from holidays andthe next one is already planned. but good idea for his next birthday!

imparanoic and creativ, you started a very interesting discussion. what's better, a gift which meets one's hobbies or sth totally different, new and unexpected. IMO both can work, but I prefer the first version. only because I never tried to to play piano myself, doesnt mean I wish to learn. maybe it would be fun, but currently I dont feel any thrill thinking about it. I never had a bird as a pet. and I dont plan to just because it may be nice to hear it singing.

imparanoic, I'm blended by your know how about all the tech stuff. new vocabulary for me

I actually think tech stuff are awful presents. They are not necessarily the "right" thing and go out of date in a matter of months! (that said I have purchased both ipad and macbook for mrmin in the past, but he's more of an apple-boy than a techie so less risky).

have you considered a nice "meaningful" present? A high quality watch, for example? Or male jewellery (eg cufflinks etc). Or a high quality pen? Something one might keep and treasure for years rather than throw out with the next purchase as one would for tech?

papaya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I actually think tech stuff are awful presents. They are not necessarily the "right" thing and go out of date in a matter of months! (that said I have purchased both ipad and macbook for mrmin in the past, but he's more of an apple-boy than a techie so less risky).

have you considered a nice "meaningful" present? A high quality watch, for example? Or male jewellery (eg cufflinks etc). Or a high quality pen? Something one might keep and treasure for years rather than throw out with the next purchase as one would for tech?

as for myself I got some tech stuff in the past at several occasions ... and even if I am all but technic interested I was happy about them. the thing is those things today are more toys and fun then sth really urgently needed. what I absolutely dont like are tech appliances for the kitchen (ricecooker etc) as a present. thanks god, my bf knows it

of course he will get sth personal and "meaningful" as well. those gifts are priceless. I often try to do sth by myself, and guess what, he really treats those present like a treasure!

How about this set of bed sheets and pillow cases for otaku?

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    How about this set of bed sheets and pillow cases for otaku?

absolut turn out, for me, for my bf, .... actually for sure for all people I personally know...

but you go for it, if its your liking. would never judge you

I am an easy tech geek, and I just like vouchers, discounts they awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by papaya:
    imparanoic and creativ, you started a very interesting discussion. what's better, a gift which meets one's hobbies or sth totally different, new and unexpected. IMO both can work, but I prefer the first version. only because I never tried to to play piano myself, doesnt mean I wish to learn. maybe it would be fun, but currently I dont feel any thrill thinking about it. I never had a bird as a pet. and I dont plan to just because it may be nice to hear it singing.

imparanoic, I'm blended by your know how about all the tech stuff. new vocabulary for me
    i know these things as i am avid fan of games ( both old and new), my wife is also surprised how fun these items can be, i was singing on great karaoke game (shame, you can't buy here in HK) singstar , she actaully enjoyed it more than traditional eastern karaoke as it measures the tone of your voice against the song and it's great fun for everyone.

I have a keyboard/piano game as well, it's also great educational toy, shame i am not very good at it

Wow failed so hard with this new android keyboard...

Quote Originally Posted by papaya:
    absolut turn out, for me, for my bf, .... actually for sure for all people I personally know...

but you go for it, if its your liking. would never judge you
    Don't worry, I am far from being an Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6