Like Tree12Likes

Oven recommendations

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I gonna invest in that oven thermometer. My sister did a batch of cookies recently which went wrong with her table top and her seperate therometer registered 40degC higher than what it was set at..ouch!! I think with advice from lucky cat and the Brit who have worked successfully baking with the tefal the Darth vader wins momentarily. Has anyone worked with the 28L De longhi EO3890A? How about Kenwood, saw it at Fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicci:
    I gonna invest in that oven thermometer. My sister did a batch of cookies recently which went wrong with her table top and her seperate therometer registered 40degC higher than what it was set at..ouch!! I think with advice from lucky cat and the Brit who have worked successfully baking with the tefal the Darth vader wins momentarily. Has anyone worked with the 28L De longhi EO3890A? How about Kenwood, saw it at Fortress.
    Don't bother with the Kenwood, I have the MO 690 and at first was satisfied with it, but last month it's making some sort of grinding noise when turned on (haven't owned the oven for two years), so I've concluded that Kenwood makes crappy stuff as my 3 in 1 sandwich Toaster which was just 8 months old died, and I took it to the warranty center for repair, only for it to come back tripping my electricity! So I would advise others to steer off their products.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Mine is the Tefal Turbo Delice 014-B (if that means anything). It is very similar to y-vdl's machine but a black/silver finish. Makes it look dangerous and mysterious.
    Had one of those before, the 26L version and was bloody good. Did a few Xmas dinners using it and was top notch if a little restrictive due to size. Only stopped using it when moved into a place with a full size built in oven.

I also recommend an oven that allows quick Frozen chapatis to heat up crispy and fluffy.

Fisher and Pykal is a great oven I like alot.

Quote Originally Posted by HKfornow:
    Don't bother with the Kenwood, I have the MO 690 and at first was satisfied with it, but last month it's making some sort of grinding noise when turned on (haven't owned the oven for two years), so I've concluded that Kenwood makes crappy stuff as my 3 in 1 sandwich Toaster which was just 8 months old died, and I took it to the warranty center for repair, only for it to come back tripping my electricity! So I would advise others to steer off their products.

No wonder Fortress doesn't have it on their website and is discounting the ovens at their store. Any feedback on the De longhi? The one I'm eyeing EO3890A is originally $1800 but is being discounted to around $1600 at the moment. (Don't knows if this means Fortress is making way for a newer improved model and this too will discontinue..) Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot for all the recommendations . Now for the final question- does anyone know how is Delonghi - E02079 ( 20 litres) for baking cakes, pizzas, chicken tikkas. I have my eye on this model as it is not too big and looks decent. Want to know if it is as good as the bigger models mentioned above or is Tefal a better brand ?
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Nicci:
    Any feedback on the De longhi? The one I'm eyeing EO3890A... Any thoughts?
    I've had the E0389A for about three years, and love it. I mostly use it for roasting -- it does whole chickens and vegetables really well. And I bake a *lot* and everything turns out well. I even made a wedding cake in it (though it really fits only one layer at a time...)

Runs a bit cooler than it's set, in general, and you have to keep moving the dial if you want something to go for longer than 2 hours. But I've been really satisfied with it.

Another option is the halogen oven style cooker. Fortress do them and the brand we got was German Pool. They are not the most attractive but I like it better than my former tabletop oven.

I also have the E8090, have a roasted a chicken (just the one) and a few pizzas. It has a rotisserie thingy as well. Grilling is fine as the element is large and seems to grill evenly. Must admit though, I'm suffering a bit of oven envy after seeing the Darth Vader Tefal special and Robocop Panasonic models.