Where to buy...?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Where to buy...?

Hi,
    I arrived 3 weeks ago and I will soon receive all my furniture... To prepare my installation, I am looking for a diy shop but it seems not to be very popular here... Do you have recommandations for me?
    Here are things I am looking for, for instance:
    - measuring tape
    - accesories for curtains
    -board with wheels (to move an heavy box)

I am also looking for furniture for ornementation, especialy bamboo stalk (I mean unprocessed, to be paint for example...)

Any idea is welcome!!
    Thanks,
    Stephanie.

We picked up our tape measure in Tai Po Market. I think just about every market has a place selling these.

Spotlight

There's a interior superstore (Spotlight) which opened up in HITEC, Kowloon Bay-which has a lot of DIY and cheap accessories.

i found Pricerite surprisingly helpful with stuff around the house - screws / toolsets etc. And there's a pricerite almost everywhere...

Spotlight is in the Megebox in Kowloon Bay (Hitec is at the other end of the industrial area). You'll also find B&Q in the Megabox.

You don't mention where you live, but here are a few examples:

- measuring tape

Any stationery shop, hardware store, pricerite etc.

- accesories for curtains

Depends what kind of accessories? Ikea, hardware stores in Lockhart Road, curtain shops near the Hopewell Centre for example.

-board with wheels (to move an heavy box)

Just ask the guys in your local hardware store to knock one up for you. There are many hardware stores in Lockhart Road in Wan Chai for example, but most areas have a neighbourhood store.

-I am also looking for furniture for ornementation, especialy bamboo stalk (I mean unprocessed, to be paint for example...)

If you want unprocessed bamboo then take a walk up the hill with a sharp knife.

where to buy

This does not belong here really but I know a lot of people were looking for cushion covers and cushions. Well I did find a shop in my wanderings, it is in the Central, I can not remember the small street off the main one but it is called X quisit expensive but they have beautiful stuff. All hand made and can take orders too. Th owner speaks very good english. Now this is not an advertisement so please do not wipe it off, somebody was looking for the goods too!

Thanks for all answers.
    Well... I found the measure tape in a stationary, done!
    Then I went to Megabox and was quite happy with the shops I found whereas many people here seemed to be disappointed!
    I haven't seen Hitec when I went to Megabox, I went on the web site but it is not very clear... Can we walk there from Megabox?

Yes, you can walk from the Megabox to Hitec, it should be around 15min (in heels i might add). Better look it up at a map before, it is easy to get lost in the industrial area of Kowloon Bay if you don't know your way around.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast