Bread Machine Milk Powder

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think twinsco might have breadmixes too. Never tried them though. I am very experimental with my breads and usually add a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I don't have a bread machine, I knead with my Kenwood Major and find joy shaping my breads :-)

I found the baking products in Twinsco the cheapest so far (and also very conveniently located - Wan Chai, Yau Ma Tei, and Tsuen Wan - right next to the MTR). They only have the most commonly used flour - bread flour, cake flour, whole wheat, whole meal - they don't even have all-purpose flour! "Specialty" flours like buckwheat and rye flour, I get them from Baking Warehouse (located in Kwun Tong, but they deliver). Others, I get from Citysuper.

On the yeast, I buy a big packet of it (not in sachets) and put the rest in an airtight container (like lock n lock) and put it inside my kitchen cupboard (no sunlight). I never had problems with this so far.

Eventually I bought some "Dutch Lady" low fat, high calcium milk powder in Park'n'Shop - $66 for 800g. It seems to do the trick.

My other half has pointed out that there seems to be no trading standards type control here over what can be advertised as "low fat" - many of these products (milk as well) have fat contents that wouldn't count as low fat in other countries. If that's important to you, then it's worth actually checking out the small print on the tin - some are much lower than others.