Like Tree35Likes

I cant see any good potato chips in HK.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gmi:
    They have these in HK? My waistline will not forgive me for this...but where can I buy them?
    Everywhere- all supermarkets here have lays for sure.

I like the prawn sticks or the cheese circles.

Fiona in HKG and gevk like this.

you can get kettle chips here.

Kettle chips, backyard BBQ flavor! Park n Shop, Great, Fusion all have them.

pickled onion flavoured monster munch! my local park and shop has them sometimes!

its had a whole range of walkers the other day as well.. salt an vinegar yum!

now I have a hankering to try Dorito's...

nobby15 likes this.

M&S make a good salsa - it's also so easy to make yourself. If you're really hankering for Doritos I think 360 have them but I dread to think how much they'll cost!

What more does one need than some ready salted or salf and vinegar? Plenty of brands of those. Can't stand the wierd flavours locals go for though! What's wrong with the classics?

Dorito's are not potato chips, but are made from corn. Also, Lay's and all those in round tubular containers are made from potato starch which is then molded into shapes and fried, all of which, IMO, remove them from the list of true potato chips. Personally i like Jay's chips from Chicago which are fried in peanut oil. Much better than average but not seen in HK. The kind and origin of the potato, the potato storage condition and the kind and freshness of the cooking oil all make a big difference in the result. These days the airtight packaging means chips from far off lands can arrive here in excellent condition. However, there are few foods which offer less nutrition for the big calorie load. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by gmi:
    They have these in HK? My waistline will not forgive me for this...but where can I buy them?
    they have stax at both wellcome and parknshop... but they have salt & vinegar in parknshop. i stock up whenever i'm there.

why do i like them more than the regular lay's? more salt & vinegar flavour!

Oh no - now there's chip snobbery to go with the pizza snobbery? Sure you're not Brooklyn Expat in disguise??

justjoe86 and nobby15 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast