Like Tree35Likes

I cant see any good potato chips in HK.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I am also looking for old Dutch kettle chips jalapeño and cheddar and Doritos of the same flavor as well. Oooooh and funyuns. Love funyuns. Haven't had any luck finding those :/

Also if you are able to source the following ingredients, I think you will find this salsa recipe fairly simple to make
    2 tomatoes
    2/3 onion
    2 jalepeno peppers
    Cilantro
    Lime juice
    Salt and pepper

Sub habereno peppers if you prefer a even spicier version!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Referring to a thread about super super quadruple ply gold plated toilet roll which apparently is available in the forty sixth aisle of all seven elevens in the wonderful us of a. seemed to annoy a few posters that they couldn't find it.

And now it's moved on to roast dragon favoured doritos with raspberry chilli chutney.
    It's not America's fault that Euros enjoy a lower material standard of living. Furthermore, if Euros were truly OK with their lot and didn't envy American consumer culture, they wouldn't seethe about it to the degree that they do.

May we have a thread about how Hong Kong is 'uncivilised' for not allow it's citizens to legally arm themselves with firearms or have I missed that discussion?

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ABBC:
    May we have a thread about how Hong Kong is 'uncivilised' for not allow it's citizens to legally arm themselves with firearms or have I missed that discussion?
    You are free to open another thread on that subject, let's not start that one on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by HKEXPO:
    sorry about that... I was assuming everybody that likes doritos would know what I am talking about ... I have not been able to find any non cheese flavored doritos

all I have been able to find in my years in Hong Kong is Nacho Cheese, Spicy Nacho and Cool Ranch, they are pretty much easily available .. also some japanese flavors can be found in some international supermarkets

but the true classic spicy flavors I love to munch on are nowhere to be found

examples: Chili HeatWave, BBQ Rib, Texas Paprika, Sizzling Fajita

I would be very impressed if someone could point me to a place where I can get these

I also wouldn't mind some frazzles ( true classic) or nobbies nuts..

I normally eat a lot of crips but over here I don't because I can't find any I really like
    HKEXPO
    I have seen frazzles in Olivers but they don't stock them often. Next time I see them I'll let you know.

Just saw Doritos at the Wellcome in Causeway Bay. Cool Ranch, Spicy Nacho and Nacho Cheese flavours.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    It's not America's fault that Euros enjoy a lower material standard of living. Furthermore, if Euros were truly OK with their lot and didn't envy American consumer culture, they wouldn't seethe about it to the degree that they do.
    admittedly I've never been to America and do look forward to the day I galavant through a supermarket there. I'm sure i'll have lots of fun (as long as I don't read the nutrition labels). But to move to HK and cling desperately to the exact lifestyle I enjoyed elsewhere sounds like too much hard work to me.

When it comes to things like toilet roll and fried crispy snacks I'm quite happy to adapt to my surroundings.

I guess I have really low standards then, I can eat any type of potato chips/crisps/fries/whatever, as long as it's tasty.

Satay Sue and gevk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I guess I have really low standards then, I can eat any type of potato chips/crisps/fries/whatever, as long as it's tasty.
    Yes seaweed chips are tasty.......

Do they have potatoes?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast