Where to buy Wedding Dresses in HK

Closed Thread

Where to buy Wedding Dresses in HK

Needing a wedding dress after much procrastination. Looking for a mermaid dress of decent quality. Noticed that HK has way too much princess ball gowns, material is trashy cheap looking (pageantry cheap), and pricing is almost arbritrary. They quote depending on how much they think you can afford. Stressed, and needing a dress soon.

Have you tried the building in prince Edward? Know a tailor if you hv time to get one made.

Hi supernova, yeah in the same situation so can totally identify! Believe going to a tailor either in hk or Shenzhen may be a worth a try. Also talked to a local designer friend who says not many hire gowns available in western style and sizing :-/

I don't have the details to hand, but if you google Angus Silk, you'll find the website of a fantastic place that can supply both good quality fabrics (not just silks) and the names of reputable tailors/ dressmakers.

Thanks for the suggestions, though thinkin of the rack dresses will be preferred considering how late in the game. Will be purchasing the dress (which is another problem) since most don't carry the inventory and most only do rentals. Plus, I had a tailored made dress done before and was quite disappointed. Found that the stuructral quality of the dress was made limp (like a cheap suit that hangs off you). Part of the problem is, i know what i'm looking for. Well structured, mermaid dress. Hope that helps if anyone is on the market and see something similar.