Like Tree30Likes

Buy matches in hk?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

There's not such a thing as "dumb questions", only dumb answers. And as we all can see, there's a lot of them in this forum....
    But to OP: if you can look past these stupid answers and simply ignore those, you can get a lot of helpful answers from nice people who really wanna help people like you and I....

Quote Originally Posted by travelbee:
    There's not such a thing as "dumb questions", only dumb answers. And as we all can see, there's a lot of them in this forum....
    But to OP: if you can look past these stupid answers and simply ignore those, you can get a lot of helpful answers from nice people who really wanna help people like you and I....
    How helpful of you...
    Drunken Master likes this.

Would not a bbq lighter like this be more efficient ?

Fiona in HKG likes this.

The only place that I can think of is the shop selling incense. Ask for 火柴 (for chai)

for real last time they had a poll last time and many youngsters (in HK) don't even know what a match is

Last edited by reprazent; 09-02-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

The Candle Company at Lyndhurst Terrace sells matches albeit long matches -6HKD a box

Skyhook and dear giant like this.

Cigar stores have them too, but of course, the long ones used for lighting up stogies.

OK - perhaps my failing was wondering why the OP wants matches as opposed to any other (simple, cheap and available) way of creating fire (like a lighter?)

Cwbguy likes this.

For lighting a stove: any of the supermarkets, Justco, Wing On, will have those "lighter on a rod" devices.

For matches... do bars still have packets of complimentary matches on their tables, or has that practice disappeared along with the smoking ban? I can't remember the last time I saw matches was... they're kind of a relic of the 80s, much like tapes and minidiscs.

dear giant likes this.

shops that sell Chinese incense will have matches

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    For lighting a stove: any of the supermarkets, Justco, Wing On, will have those "lighter on a rod" devices.
    Like the one in post #15?
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast