Pashmina shawl

Closed Thread

Pashmina shawl

Where to get pashmina shawl? i've seen a stall at alley alley in central, is it good quality? how much should i pay for it? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal88:
    Where to get pashmina shawl? i've seen a stall at alley alley in central, is it good quality? how much should i pay for it? thanks.
    If its in a market stall it is unlikely to be made out of real cashmere and more likely a blend of synthetic who knows what...if you are looking for a real pashmina try somewhere like Pearls and Cashmere in the old Mandarin Oriental building, but they aren't cheap. If you just want something that looks decent but isn't the real thing, compare the offerings at a couple of the market stalls. The Ladies Market has quite a few vendors selling "pashminas" for under 100HKD.

Thanks....i just want a simple one, not the real expensive ones.

I buy them from Stanley Market, you turn left into the market from the main street and then, it's a shop on the right that sells only cashmere sweaters, pashminas and scarves. They have different kinds of quality, and different kinds of prices. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between the ones I buy there and the ones I have from Cashmere House in Sydney, which is an expensive high-end cashmere place.

ontheroad, stanley is a bit far from my place. How much is the price range? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal88:
    ontheroad, stanley is a bit far from my place. How much is the price range? thanks.
    Can't remember, but they have cheaper models, middle range, and more expensive ones, but nothing compared to the shops in expensive malls. I think better quality is around 300, middle range 190, and cheaper 120 or something like that. Sorry, I have terrible memory, and usually, when I go there, I always get a big bunch to bring back home as gifts for everyone.

I'll check the prices next time I go and will update this post! Promise!
    Last edited by ontheroad; 12-09-2007 at 08:21 PM.

In the markets you can normally get the simple no frills 5 or 6 pieces for approx. HK$100 total bringing the price for one to about HK$20 or slightly less. If the pashmina has more detailed work on it then the prices alter a bit.

Last edited by Alby; 14-09-2007 at 06:40 PM.

Hi,

I just bought at the lanes for 3 for a $100, "cashmere" type so it's thicker. I should have ask for more discounts, i didn't know it could be lower price. next time

Pashmina shawl - simple and light one?

Well I bought some in the shopping mall next to the cheunking mansion on nathon road, TST

6 pcs for 100 HKD

They are a lof of shops there offer more than 10 colours.

ps quality is ok, not so oft as real cashmere, but still ok and still soft.
    I have seen and felt some, which were much more "hard"

if you want to go there, let me know. then we can go together. it is close to my office.

Last edited by techNOBUde; 20-09-2007 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techNOBUde:
    Pashmina shawl - simple and light one?

Well I bought some in the shopping mall next to the cheunking mansion on nathon road, TST

6 pcs for 100 HKD

They are a lof of shops there offer more than 10 colours.

ps quality is ok, not so oft as real cashmere, but still ok and still soft.
    I have seen and felt some, which were much more "hard"

if you want to go there, let me know. then we can go together. it is close to my office.
    Thanks, but i have bought 3 pcs already, i'll PM you later if i need more.