Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SK65

Cooking a Pad Thai

Closed Thread

Cooking a Pad Thai

Does anyone know where I can buy the correct type of flat noodles to cook an authentic Pad Thai?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

I've seen them in Park n Shop. But if you want something more specific, there are some Thai groceries shops in Wanchai in the outdoor market area.

Best selection of Thai cooking ingredients - Kowloon City

Thanks Nassagirl and gevk. I plan to make one this weekend. Hopefully it will resemble/taste similar to the authentic street food in bkk.

There is a noodle shop in Tai Wo Street in Wanchai that sells fresh rice noodles cut to different widths. That's where I buy mine for Pad Thai and they are fab. If you go up the street from the Jhonston road end, it's near the far end on the right. You can't miss, it they have different types of fresh noodles displayed in the window.

Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SK65:
    There is a noodle shop in Tai Wo Street in Wanchai that sells fresh rice noodles cut to different widths. That's where I buy mine for Pad Thai and they are fab. If you go up the street from the Jhonston road end, it's near the far end on the right. You can't miss, it they have different types of fresh noodles displayed in the window.
    What do you think is a decent width for a pad Thai noodle? They seem to vary a bit.

I use the medium size. About 3mm wide. Just ask one of the girls for noodles for Pad Thai. Worked for me.

You are a fountain of knowledge. Thanks.

I saw them at a couple of Taste supermarkets just last week... next to all the dried packaged noodles and pasta