hamburgers
    hotdogs
    beef tenderloin
    breaded chicken breasts
    baby back pork ribs
    chicken wings
    roasted potatoes/onions/carrots

Quote Originally Posted by rackgen:
    Thanks Oxygen.. I have been long time lurker and need of a microwave bought me to this page. So wondering what is the difference. Thanks in advance!
    1.Microwave oven-its simply a microwave in which we can heat ,cook & thaw the dishes in microwave proof dishes.

2.Microwave *** grill-In this you can microwave the dishes & when you bring the mode on grill then you can grill your dishes like tikkaa, toasts.etc( you can make all grilled recipes.)when it is on grill mode you can use other than micro proof utensils also like steel tray etc.

3.convection-In this you can microwave the dishes .when you bring the mode on grill you grill also & when you bring it on convection Than you can bake any thing your cakes,cookies,pies,baked vege etc.In convection microwave there is one combo mode also wher you can grill & at the same time bake also.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4801425_buy-...ven-price.html

In the end we got the light wave oven. First thing was chicken wings which came out Ok with small roast potatoes.

This this will not cook items quickly like the microwave but it saves space and is portable. We found a nice combination microwave but its was large and about $4000. The problem we have is a reasonable size flat but a stupidly small kitchen.

I'm not recommending this but they have a video on halogen ovens

http://www.groupon.hk/deals/shopping...71&a=715828030

In my Halogen Oven so far.

Scones
    Shepherds pie
    Grilled fish with roasted vegetables
    Bread and butter pudding
    Yorkshire pudding
    Toad in the hole
    Salmon tikka
    Pork Parmesan

We also have a small combo microwave but the grill cuts out if it gets too hot so is pretty useless. For me it's the Halogen every time.

Quote Originally Posted by SK65:
    We also have a small combo microwave but the grill cuts out if it gets too hot so is pretty useless. For me it's the Halogen every time.
    I guess your combo MW doesn't have convection then. Mine has convection and I can simple put a pot with lid in the oven to have the same effect.

For the poor convectionless people maybe those halogen pots are a good choice. But I wonder if I would buy from Groupon. You probably get similar deals outside the big chains.

price.com.hk have one listed: (and just one only)

http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=144011

Any idea if the brand makes a difference for these halogen ovens ?
    I mean a Thomson at 600$ vs a German Pool at 1200-1300$ for example

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6