Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stoob

Mop or scrub for floors

Closed Thread

Mop or scrub for floors

Does anyone have any recos on a good mop or scrub for floors? My flooring sucks so I actually need to hand scrub them to remove the dirt as dirt or film becomes caked on and I have to use some muscle to remove it

I would recommend a good steam cleaner machine....have no idea where to buy one in HK though. We brought our's from Europe (Kärcher).

If you are a bloke, get married!

506107 likes this.

Sorry I'm not a bloke.

I'll look into a steamer.

Sogo and some branches of Jusco sells some models of Karcher steam cleaners. However they prices they charging are IMO way over the top. They wanted something like $2800 for the cheapest model (SC1.020). In the end I bought mine from Tesco UK on sale for 50GBP, saving well over $2000! Sent from my Steam Cleaner.

Put a rug down.

If you don't mind getting a bit of extra exercise, you can get long-handled scrubbing brushes from most of the mom'n'pop style houseware stores.

What kind of floor do you have that is so difficult to clean? Using a cleaner made for a particular type of flooring can make the job easier. Steam cleaners are also great, but as noted, more expensive in HK than other parts of the world. We use a steam cleaner on our flooring in the kitchen and in other areas where we have stone (mostly because these are higher traffic and dirty areas where the dogs tend to be and just mop the wooden flooring in the rest of the house. We also have area rugs in several rooms with wood flooring as the finish on the wood isn't great and scratches easily.